Archive for calls, June 2022

[Commlist] CFP - Urban Humanities Global (Un)Conference

Tue Jun 21 10:44:24 GMT 2022

INAUGURAL URBAN HUMANITIES GLOBAL (UN)CONFERENCE
Tucson, AZ, March 3-5, 2023

ATTN: Past, Present, and Future Urban Humanists:

The newly established Urban Humanities Network convenes a long weekend
of intellectual collaboration, community building, and shared meals in
Tucson, Arizona. From March 3-5, 2023, we will navigate the future of
urban humanities in Tucson, an emerging hub of urban and public
humanities scholarship and practice.

This gathering will take the pulse and chart a path for the next
generation of urban humanities scholars and practitioners. To that
end, our desired participants are emerging scholars or practitioners
of the urban humanities—including pre-tenured faculty, lecturers,
graduate students, early career professionals from a range of academic
(from community, professional and small liberal arts colleges to R1
universities) and non-academic institutions (galleries, museums,
architectural firms, design practices, city planning offices, NGOS),
as well as interested artists, organizers, and community
practitioners.

We invite you to visit our website, www.urbhum.net, for more details.
Finally, do sign up for updates to stay in touch as we make our way
together to Tucson in 2023!