Archive for calls, November 2020

[Commlist] CFP: 2nd Communication, Media and Journalism Research Group PGR/ECR Conference

Wed Nov 25 16:31:19 GMT 2020

*Final CFP: 2nd Communication, Media and Journalism Research Group PGR/ECR Conference*

**

*Theme: Global Crises*

**

*14^th  January 2021*

**

*Hosted Online by the Department of Journalism Studies, University of Sheffield*

**

*Deadline for Abstracts: 27^th  November 2020*

The second Communication, Media and Journalism Research Group Conference aims to unite postgraduate researchers and early career academics whose research lies in the interconnected fields of communication, media and journalism. This one day online conference focuses on the broad theme of crisis. We are interested in engaging with the interrelationships between political, economic, healthcare and media industry crises, both past and present. We welcome any papers which engage with the CMJ’s six core strands:

●Conflict and crisis communication

●European and comparative media and information law

●Journalism, communication and democracy

●Journalism and communication history

●Language, communication and journalism

●The digital media and communication environment

The Communication, Media and Journalism research group (CMJ) is home to the research-active staff and students from the University of Sheffield’s Department of Journalism Studies, the Centre for Freedom of the Media (CFOM) and the Centre for the Study of Journalism and History. The CMJ is an interdisciplinary group with research strengths in data science, psychology, history, international relations, journalism, international law, media and communication, political science and sociology. Our researchers work across the broad areas of communication, media and journalism.

Please send abstracts of 250-300 words, including a bio of ca. 100 words to both Jake Mason ((jkmason1 /at/ sheffield.ac.uk)) and Gemma Horton ((g.horton /at/ liverpool.ac.uk)) by 27th November 2020. Successful applicants will be notified by 1^st  December 2020.