Archive for calls, October 2018

[ecrea] Call For ICA 2019 Proposals

Mon Oct 01 04:48:24 GMT 2018

I am looking to submit three possible panels for ICA 2019 in Washington DC.

  * One would be on the intersections between politics and professional
    wrestling, such as wrestlers as politicians, wrestlers as activists,
    reading wrestling as political, reading politics as kayfabe, etc.
  * One would be looking at fandoms other than for sports, media, or pop
    culture, such as fandoms around science, religion, politics, and more.
  * One would be looking at communication processes across gaps (such as
    differences in identities, ideologies, cultures, communities,
    disciplines, etc) to understand how communication can help people
    negotiate differences and perhaps overcome problems.

If you are interested in any of these panels, please send me a proposal of 250-500 words with your contact information to CarrieLynn D. Reinhard at (creinhard /at/ dom.edu) by October 15th