Archive for calls, March 2018

[ecrea] Call for Book Reviewers: Synoptique upcoming 7.2 issue

Fri Mar 30 07:41:50 GMT 2018

*I am writing on behalf of the editorial board for Synoptique: An Online Journal of Film and Moving Image Studies, based out of the Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema at Concordia University in Montréal. We are currently looking for book reviewers for an upcoming journal issue, which is expected to be published by September this year.
​The list of selected books include:
*

- Apprich, Clemens. 2017./
​​
Technotopia: A Media Genealogy of Net Culture/. Lanham:
​
Rowman & Littlefield.
- Gillespie, Michael B. 2016. /
​​
Film Blackness: American Cinema and the Idea of Black
​
//Film/. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Glick, Joshua. 2018. /
​​
Los Angeles Documentary and the Production of History,
​ ​
//1958-1977/. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Grieveson, Lee. 2017. /
​​
Cinema and the Wealth of Nations: Media, Capital, and the
​
//Liberal World System/. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Juhasz, Alexandra, and Yvonne Welbon, eds. 2018. /
​​
Sisters in the Life: A History of
​
//Our African American Lesbian Media-Making/. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Lewis, Tania, Fran Martin, and Wanning Sun. 2016. /
​​
Telemodernities: Television and
​
//Transforming Lives in Asia/. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Milner, Ryan M. 2016. /
​​
The World Made Meme: Public Conversations and
​ P
//articipatory Media/. Cambridge: The MIT Press.
- Neves, Joshua, and Bhaskar Sarkar, eds. 2017./
​​
Asian Video Cultures: In the
​
//Penumbra of the Global/. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Peters, Benjamin. 2017. /
​​
How Not to Network a Nation: The Uneasy History of the
​
//Soviet Internet./Cambridge: The MIT Press.
- Ruberg, Bonnie, and Adrienne Shaw, eds. 2017./
​​
Queer Game Studies/. Minneapolis:
​ ​
University of Minnesota Press.
- Zahlten, Alexander. 2017. T/
​​
he End of Japanese Cinema: Industrial Genres, National
​
//Times, and Media Ecologies/. Durham: Duke University Press.*
​
*
*
*
*If you are interested in writing a review for any titles, please send us a declaration of interests and a short bio by April 15th.We will send out the final confirmation to selected reviewers shortly after and proceed to request a copy from the publishers. *
*
*
If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Giuseppe Fidotta <(giuseppe.fidotta /at/ GMAIL.COM)>