[ecrea] IGSF, McGill University: Visiting Professor Call Out 2018-19

Wed Nov 08 19:48:42 GMT 2017

MURIEL GOLD SENIOR VISITING PROFESSORSHIP
Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies
McGill University
2018-2019
The Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies (IGSF) at McGill University, Montreal, Canada invites applications for the position of Muriel Gold Visiting Professor. This position is open to professors who wish to spend one or two academic terms in a university environment in order to carry out research on gender, sexuality or feminist studies. The Institute offers work space and support, an ongoing seminar program, contact with other professors within McGill and in neighbouring universities - all this located at the centre of a stimulating, bilingual, urban environment. The Visiting Professor position is ideal for faculty with research leave funding, a portable research fellowship, or sabbatical. Preference will be given to professors who already hold faculty positions. Research funding in the amount of $5,000 for the Muriel Gold Senior Visiting Professor is available from the IGSF. Visiting professors also participate in our Esquisses works in progress talks series, and have an opportunity to present and discuss their research with an engaged and enthusiastic research community. If interested, please send a one page proposal via email with the header “Muriel Gold Visiting Professorship”, describing the research that would be undertaken while in residence as a Visiting Professor, a copy or link to a recent publication, an up-to-date curriculum vitae and an indication of what period you would like for your tenure as IGSF Visiting Professor to: Alanna Thain, Director Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies (IGSF) 3487 Peel Street, 2nd floor Montreal, QC H3A 1W7 e-mail: (Alanna.Thain /at/ mcgill.ca) While we may be able to provide administrative advice on the following matters, we ask that IGSF visiting professors assume full responsibility on matters relating to visa applications, health insurance, housing and living expenses. Please note in particular that Canada does not pay for hospital or medical services for visitors. We ask all visiting professors to ensure to have health insurance to cover any medical costs for the duration of your visit to Canada. APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: January 10, 2018 Please submit your application and all documents electronically.