[ecrea] CfP: “Karl Marx @ 200: Debating Capitalism & Perspectives for the Future of Radical Theory”

Wed Nov 01 08:56:24 GMT 2017

tripleC special issue “Karl Marx @ 200: Debating Capitalism & Perspectives for the Future of Radical Theory”

Edited by Christian Fuchs & Lara Monticelli
Download call:
http://www.triple-c.at/KarlMarx@200_CfP.pdf

May 5, 2018, marks the 200th birthday of Karl Marx. The journal tripleC: Communication, Capitalism & Critique (http://www.triple-c.at) celebrates Marx’s birthday and the critique of capitalism with a special issue, in which critical theorists reflect on the relevance of Marx’s works and the Marxian critique of capitalism today.

The special issue’s main section will feature a debate between David Harvey and Michael Hardt/Toni Negri, who will engage in a dialogue about Marx today and the relevance of praxis and Marx’s theory for the critique of contemporary capitalism.

We invite the submission of abstracts (max. 250 words) for reflections on the following questions:
- How can Marx’s theory help us to understand capitalism today?
- 200 years after Marx's birth, what type of capitalism do we live in today? What kind of and what focus of Marxian analysis and praxis do we need to analyse and criticise capitalism? - On which elements of Marx’s theory and the 200-year long history of Marxian theory can we today best draw in order to advance radical theory, the analysis of capitalism and struggles for alternatives to capitalism?

Time schedule:

Deadline for abstract submission: November 15, 2017 (250 words, per e-mail to Denise Rose Hansen, managing editor of tripleC: (d.hansen /at/ triple-c.at), please include a submission title, your name and contact, a 100 word short bio, and an abstract of 250 words; send the abstract and meta-data in a Word- or text-file [not in a plain e-mail]).

Acceptance decisions: Until approx. November 30, 2017
We aim to include around 10-15 reflections. Naturally, if the number of submissions is high, the editors will have to make a selection.

Submission of full reflection articles (maximum of 5,000 words, including all references, footnotes and tables): January 30, 2018

Online publication of the special issue: May 5, 2018 (= Karl Marx’s 200th birthday).

In addition to the special issue that will be online and open access, the editors plan to publish the contributions as a book in 2019.