[ecrea] CFP: Feminism, Media, and the 1990s

Tue Oct 17 06:16:06 GMT 2017

FEMINIST MEDIA STUDIES
Commentary and Criticism Call for Papers

Feminism, Media and the 1990s

The editors of Feminist Media Studies’ Commentary and Criticism section invite essay contributions on any topic related to feminism, media and the 1990s. We are particularly interested in submissions from beyond North America and the UK.

The Commentary and Criticism section of Feminist Media Studies aims to publish brief (~1000 words), timely responses to current issues in feminist media culture, for an international readership. Submissions may pose a provocation, describe work in progress, or propose areas for future study. We will also consider book and event reviews, as well as contributions that depart from traditional academic formats. We encourage all submissions to strategically mobilize critique to also offer a productive contribution to both feminist politics and media studies. Submissions must go beyond mere description in order to be considered for publication in Commentary and Criticism.

Please submit contributions by 15th November 2017, via email to Susan Berridge ((Susan.Berridge /at/ stir.ac.uk) <mailto:(Susan.Berridge /at/ stir.ac.uk)>) and Laura Portwood-Stacer ((lportwoodstacer /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(lportwoodstacer /at/ gmail.com)>). Questions and expressions of interest can also be addressed to Drs. Berridge and Portwood-Stacer in advance of the deadline.

Email submissions directly to Susan Berridge and Laura Portwood-Stacer, as submissions for Commentary and Criticism will not be correctly processed if submitted through the main Feminist Media Studies site.

Please be sure to follow the Feminist Media Studies style guide, which can be found at the following link: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=1468-0777&linktype=44