[ecrea] CFP Event of Branded Content Research Network and ECREA TWG Advertising Research

Mon Mar 06 08:07:18 GMT 2017

*Branded Content Research Network Events Notices and Call for Papers*

The Branded Content Research Network is an academic network project funded by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council. The network seeks to bring together academic researchers, industry and civil society interests to explore the practices and implications of branded content, native advertising and the convergence of media and marketing communications. We are organising two events in association with the ECREA Advertising Research Group, a temporary working group with the European Communication Research and Education Association.

*Event 1: Seminar on Comparative and Collaborative Research into Branded Content*

Thursday 15 June, 10am-5pm

University of East London

Stratford, London

The purpose of this seminar is to explore comparative research into branded content and discuss the development of collaborative research agendas and approaches. The seminar addresses the study of branded content, content marketing, native advertising and associated forms of integration of media and marketing communications.

The June event is designed to promote, share and discuss research into branded content carried out by international researchers in single-country or multi-country studies. For discussion, we wish to explore insights from these studies regarding research design, methods, approaches, findings and implications and suggestions for future research. We want to explore the state of the field, research resources and capacity-building and discuss agendas and resources for collaborative research.

We invite contributions on topics including the organisation, production, reception and regulation of branded content. We also invite contributions that address theoretical, methodological, institutional, resource and capacity issues, academic relationships with industry and other stakeholders, collaboration and networking relevant to the advancement of international and comparative research and collaborative research into branded content.

Deadline for abstracts: *3 April 2017*

Please send abstracts (250 words max) to Prof. Jonathan Hardy (j.hardy /at/ uel.ac.uk) <mailto:(j.hardy /at/ uel.ac.uk)>, Principal Investigator Branded Content Network and Prof. Patricia Núñez (Chair, ECREA Advertising TRG) –(pnunezgo /at/ ucm.es) <mailto:(pnunezgo /at/ ucm.es)>

*Event 2: Conference 7-8 November*

The seminar in June is part of a programme of events culminating in our Branded Content Research Network conference on 7-8 November at the University of East London. The conference will include meetings and events on the afternoon and evening of 7 November and a one-day conference on 8 November. Keynote speakers at the conference include Dr Anne Cronin, Lancaster University, whose books include /Advertising, Commercial Spaces and the Urban, /and /Advertising Myths; /Dr Mara Einstein of New York University, author of /Black Ops Advertising; /Professor Joseph Turow, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania, author of /The Daily You, Breaking Up America, Media Today /and /The Aisles Have Eyes/.

We invite interested members of the Advertising TWG to participate and join us for each of these events. Both the June seminar and November conference are free and open to interested researchers and we invite you to join us. We do not have funds to assist with travel unfortunately.

We realise that most members of the TWG who are based outside the UK will only be able to attend one of these events so we want to offer this guidance for those who would like to respond to the call for papers. The June event will be a good opportunity to present research papers or papers that contribute to the seminar topics. We warmly invite doctoral students and early-career researchers to apply for the June event, as well as mid-career and senior researchers. The conference will be a larger event. It will also include paper sessions but, rather than provide a platform for individual research, papers will be arranged around themed panels to address conference topics. these will be arranged around themed panels and will be more topic based rather than presenting individual research. /For doctoral students and early-career researchers, in particular, the better opportunity to present your work for discussion will be the June event./ We will endeavour to provide opportunities too at the conference but these may be more limited depending on the nature of panel sessions and plenary sessions.

For this call for papers for the June seminar we invite you to submit an abstract by *3 April 2017*. We will confirm invitations to present by 28 April.

Please send abstracts (250 words max) to Prof. Jonathan Hardy (j.hardy /at/ uel.ac.uk) <mailto:(j.hardy /at/ uel.ac.uk)>and Prof. Patricia Núñez (Chair, ECREA Advertising TRG) –(pnunezgo /at/ ucm.es) <mailto:(pnunezgo /at/ ucm.es)>

There will be a separate call for papers for the 7-8 November conference shortly that will be disseminated to ECREA members and posted on the Branded Content Research Network <http://www.brandedcontentresearchnetwork.org/>website. The deadline for abstract submissions will be 30 May 2017.

*About the Branded Content Research Network*

The academic network is funded and based in the UK but one of our main aims is to contribute to building capacity for European-wide and beyond that international research networking and so we are delighted to work in partnership with the ECREA Advertising TWG.We invite you to join us. To subscribe to our mailing list please send an (listserv /at/ jiscmail.ac.uk) <mailto:(listserv /at/ jiscmail.ac.uk)>Subject: BLANK Message: SUBSCRIBE BRANDEDCONTENTRESEARCHNETWORK Firstname Lastname

You can also subscribe via our website. For more details please visit www.brandedcontentresearchnetwork.org <http://www.brandedcontentresearchnetwork.org/>

Prof. Jonathan Hardy, University of East London; Principal Investigator (j.hardy /at/ uel.ac.uk) <mailto:(j.hardy /at/ uel.ac.uk)>

Prof. Iain MacRury, Bournemouth University; Co-Investigator (imacrury /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk) <mailto:(imacrury /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk)>__

**

**

**

*About the Advertising Research TWG*

We are delighted to have the opportunity to work and share the CFP with the Branded Content Research Network. Advertising encompasses more than traditional ways of communication and new formats are emerging in marketing communication strategies. The establishment of the Advertising Research Temporary Working Group is informed by the belief that advertising is a particularly salient area of inquiry today. Our group, sets out to strengthen theoretical reasoning, critical reflection and empirical exploration in advertising research as an inherent part of communication and media studies. We also collaborate with different TWG and sections in ECREA and other international associations.

Prof. Patricia Núñez, Complutense University, Spain. Chair of ARTWG (pnunezgo /at/ ucm.es) <mailto:(pnunezgo /at/ ucm.es)>

Prof. Guido Zurstiegen, University of Tuebingen, (Germany_guido.zurstiege /at/ uni-tuebingen.de) <mailto:(guido.zurstiege /at/ uni-tuebingen.de)>_

María-José Establés, Pompeu Fabra University, Spain,(mariajose.estables /at/ upf.edu) <mailto:(mariajose.estables /at/ upf.edu)>