[ecrea] CfP: ECREA Women's Network Workshop

Mon Feb 27 20:25:31 GMT 2017

CfP: Women's Network Workshop

*CALL FOR PAPERS – WOMEN’S NETWORK WORKSHOP *

“The main objective of ECREA’s Women’s Network is to assess and develop the interdisciplinary and multicultural field of female scholarship in the context of European Communication and Media Studies. Furthermore, the Women’s Network aims to research the current situation of women in higher education and academic research in Europe, identifying differences, strengths, weaknesses and areas of good practice.”

(http://www.ecrea.eu/documents/Womens_Network-Objectives.pdf <http://ecrea.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3c0cf94932a6ece9e491ce6a3&id=dbcd3dd896&e=c208f3372a>)

Dear colleagues,

*Women’s Network of ECREA is pleased to invite you to a workshop to be held on the 11th April 2017 at the Educational Research Institute, Gerbiceva 62, Ljubljana, Slovenia. *

*Theme: *

The aim of this year's international workshop is to tackle some of the (most) relevant issues of the classroom communication today. Amid them are – as identified – classroom experiences with the immigrant children which entails also wider analyses and examples of communication among teachers, children and their families. Furthermore, in this vein, we will engage in analysing gendered discourses in education and communication. Contributions dealing with these aspects will be welcomed, as well as those covering wider research areas pertaining to our key words that are: gender, migration and interaction (separately or interconnectedly), possibly in connection with educational discourses and/or media coverages of these discourses.

*Organizing committee: *

o /Chair: /Valerija Vendramin, Ph. D., senior research associate, Educational Research Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia, (valerija.vendramin /at/ pei.si) <mailto:(valerija.vendramin /at/ pei.si)>.

o /Vice chair/: Teija Waaramaa, Ph.D., Docent/Adjunct Professor, Tampere Research Centre for Journalism, Media and Communication (COMET), Faculty of Communication Sciences (COMS), University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland, (teija.waaramaa /at/ uta.fi) <mailto:(teija.waaramaa /at/ uta.fi)>.

o /Vice chair/: Tulay Atay-Avsar, Ph. D., Mustafa Kemal University, Faculty of Communication, Department of Journalism, Antakya, Hatay, Turkey, (atayavsar /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(atayavsar /at/ gmail.com)>.

*Abstract submission and additional information: *

(valerija.vendramin /at/ pei.si) <mailto:(valerija.vendramin /at/ pei.si)>.

*Registration: *

Please send a note of confirmation to dr. Valerija Vendramin, (valerija.vendramin /at/ pei.si) <mailto:(valerija.vendramin /at/ pei.si)>.

*Conference fee: *

There is no registration fee. Transport, accommodation and meals are at your own expense.

*Important dates: *

o February 20th – call for papers

o March 6th – 2nd call for papers

o March 21th – deadline for abstract submission

o March 27th – notification of acceptance and final program

o March 30th – deadline for registration

o April 11th – Women’s Network International Workshop, Ljubljana, Slovenia

*Reminder: *

Some years ago Women’s Network of ECREA asked you to write an essay of 1–2 pages titled: “Me, my academy and my family". The essay was “Your Story” about your choices and reconciliation between academic career and family life. Some of us also met in Tallinn University at our workshop in 2013 where we decided to publish a book on this theme.

We would like to invite you to write a longer story/contribution about the reconciliation of your academic career and family life. It could also be more analytically oriented or a combination of both perspectives. The recommended length is 15–25 pages/. /

The editor-in-chief is dr. Teija Waaramaa, (teija.waaramaa /at/ uta.fi) <mailto:(teija.waaramaa /at/ uta.fi)>. Please contact her for all additional information, submission of articles and the like. (Important: please state your intention beforehand, i.e. before actually submitting a contribution.)

The deadline set for the submission of the contributions is /April/ /9th 2017/.