[ecrea] CfP film and media 2014: Visions of Identity - Global Film & Media

Fri Jan 24 13:25:27 GMT 2014

Visions of Identity: Global Film & Media

The Fourth Annual London Film and Media Conference

 26-28 June 2014

?Organised by Academic Conferences London

Venue: Institute of Education, University of London, 20 Bedford Way, Bloomsbury, London WC1, UK

Call for Papers

Contributions are sought for FILM AND MEDIA 2014: The Fourth Annual London Film and Media Conference, to be held at the University of London Institute of Education Conference centre in Bloomsbury, London, UK, on Thursday 26 to Saturday 28 June 2014. Our theme for 2014 is 'Visions of Identity: Global Film & Media'.

Launched in 2011, the event has become one of the largest of the European conferences in the field, and amongst the most culturally diverse. The 2013 event attracted some 200 Speakers, together with a further cohort of Delegates, from almost 40 countries.

For full details, please see our website at www.thelondonfilmandmediaconference.com. There you can download our new Conference Readers as free ebooks, together with a listing of our Early Acceptances so far for 2014 - already from over 20 countries, with still a long way to go until our March 31 deadline.

 Potential topics include:

 - National Identities on Screen

- Global Identities on Screen

- Categorical imperatives: Race, Nation, Gender, Class, Age on Screen

- Familial Identities on screen

- Identities of Creed

- Character-isation on Screen

- Media Types and Stereotypes

- Individual and Collective Identities

- Identity and Otherness

- Contestations of Identity on Screen

- Identities of Media Authorship

- The Star System

- Media ’Celebrities’ and ‘Personalities’

- Audience Identities

- Human and Non-human Identities on Screen

- Identities and Environment

- Identities of the Virtual

- Processes of Media Identification

- Media, Identity and the Unconscious

Papers and Panels

We welcome proposals for individual 20-minute Papers (to which ten minutes of discussion will be allocated in each case) to be placed in appropriate Panels by us. We also invite proposals for pre-formed 90-minute Panels made up of three 20-minute Papers (to which a total of thirty minutes discussion will be allocated). Papers, to be presented in English, are not required in advance.

 Proposals and Deadline

Proposals should be made only via the Proposal Form available on the conference website. Proposals are processed by means of sympathetic Peer Review. A formal response is made within one week. Proposal Deadline: 31 March 2014.

Organisers/Venue/Dates

The event is organised by Academic Conferences London Ltd. The event takes place on 26-28 June 2014 at the University of London Institute of Education Conference Centre, 20 Bedford Way, Bloomsbury, London WC1, United Kingdom.

Conference Publications

Papers presented at FILM AND MEDIA 2014 will be eligible for consideration for inclusion in 'The London Film and Media Reader 4: Visions of Identity - Global Film & Media', to be published in Summer 2015. 'The London Film and Media Reader 3: Visions of Identity', containing nearly 60 essays from around the world, will be published in Summer 2014. Our earlier ebooks are available for free download on the conference website.

Contact

Enquiries (not Proposals): (mail /at/ academicconferenceslondon.com)

Website (including Proposal Form): www.thelondonfilmandmediaconference.com