Archive for calls, October 2014

[ecrea] cfp - Barcelona PR Meeting #5

Thu Oct 23 16:48:01 GMT 2014

Barcelona International PR 2015 Conference

Barcelona, June 30th and July 1st 2015

*****Call For Papers*****

We are pleased to announce that Barcelona International PR Meeting #5 will take place next 30th June and 1st July, 2015 in Barcelona. The fifth edition of the conference is entitled:

Theory in Practice in Public Relations through to the Fully-Functioning Society: Papers in Honor of Professor Robert Heath

Almost a decade on, although the names of the planets may vary, few would deny van Ruler's (2005) identification of a massive gap in her claim that "Professionals are from Venus, Scholars are from Mars." Yet a history of interplanetary communication can be found in Professor Bob Heath's distinguished career in consulting and the academy. This conference wish to honor those achievements not just by recognizing the work but by evaluating the legacy and by building on it. Such is the range of his oeuvre, and the multiple linking of theory and practice, that this puts few limitations on this call for papers. Accordingly, while we particularly welcome proposals for papers or panels that draw from, or contest, his work on PR issues, PR Theory, Crisis, Rhetoric, Risk, and the Fully-Functioning Society, we are also open to general papers in those areas not linked to Heath's work.

*****Deadline for abstracts*****

To submit an abstract for an individual presentation of between 250-300 words) or a panel (3 presenters maximum and overall submission to have 250 word abstract and 3 shorter abstracts up to 200 words each: February 16, 2015
ttp://www.uoc.edu/portal/en/symposia/prconference/pdf/cfp_BCNPRMeeting_2015.pdf]
Acceptance notification  will be no later than February 23,2015

Please pass this message on to your department and to colleagues who may be interested in our conference.

We hope to welcome you, or welcome you back, to Barcelona in 2015,

David McKie, Ferran Lalueza, and Jordi Xifra
Scientific Committee
(prconference /at/ uoc.edu)
http://www.uoc.edu/portal/en/symposia/prconference/index.html
Twitter: