Archive for calls, September 2013

[ecrea] RIPE@2014 Call for Paper Proposals

Sun Sep 15 22:14:14 GMT 2013

We are pleased to announce the 7th RIPE conference that will take place in Tokyo, Japan in the last week of August 2014 Our host is the Institute for Media and Communications Research at the Keio University and our sponsor is the Japan Broadcasting Corporation, NHK. The EBU will contribute to our discussions and proceedings, especially regarding the Vision 2020 project, and there will be other interesting developments that are still in the process of finalizing. We are also planning a tribute for Karol Jakubowicz, a dear friend and productive colleague who sadly passed away earlier this year.

For the moment, however, we have the Call for Paper Proposals ready to circulate! It is attached as a PDF file.

Our theme for RIPE@2014 is _Public Service Media Across Boundaries_ and you'll find details about what we have in mind in the attachment. The theme is timely and the possibilities for fruitful contributions are quite broad. There will be plenty of space at the table for all relevant interests and aspects. We are especially interested in securing participation from places where PSM is under development and needs support, for example the Middle East, Africa and Asia. And of course young scholars and Ph.D. students are warmly invited to propose papers. We are offering a discount rate for Ph.D. students to help with the costs.

We hope you will consider submitting a proposal. And we ask you to please circulate this through your national, international, professional and personal networks to help us in the effort to attract as broad a range of participants as possible.

Warm regards,
And with thanks to each and all,
Greg