Archive for calls, June 2013

[ecrea] Call for Papers: Working in the British Film and Television Industries

Tue Jun 04 11:02:42 GMT 2013

Dr. Sean Holmes (Brunel University) and Dr. Andrew Dawson (University of Greenwich) are planning a session for the European Social Science History Conference in Vienna in April 2014 on working in the British film and television industries. Our intention is that the papers presented at this session should form the basis for an edited collection, a follow-up to Dawson and Holmes, eds., Working in the Global Film and Television Industries: Creativity, Systems, Space, Patronage (London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2012).

We would like this session to be multidisciplinary in its orientation so we would encourage submissions from film scholars, sociologists, economists, and anthropologists as well as social, economic and cultural historians. Papers might focus on any aspect of production, post-production, distribution or exhibition and might engage with any or all of the following issues: the methodological questions that attach to studying workers in the film and television industries; gender and film and television production; creativity and collaborative practice in the film and television industries; technological change; trade unionism; and preserving the UK’s film and television heritage.

Please submit expressions of interest and a brief outline of your proposed paper to:

(Sean.Holmes /at/ brunel.ac.uk)

(A.Dawson /at/ greenwich.ac.uk)

The deadline for proposals is June 12, 2013