Archive for calls, May 2013

[ecrea] Queer, Feminist and Social Media Praxis workshop

Wed May 01 18:23:28 GMT 2013

*Queer, Feminist and Social Media Praxis workshop
Sussex Centre for Cultural Studies
University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.*
*Workshop programme now available: *http://queerfemdigiact.wordpress.com/programme/ *

To register, please visit: http://queerfemdigiact.wordpress.com/registration/* In this workshop we will explore a range of themes around digital technology and social media in relation to gender/sexuality activism and social equality.
Workshop keynote speaker: Alex Juhasz (Pitzer, USA, Fembot Collective)
Closing plenary Radical art practices, feminism, new technologies and performance with : Maria Chatzichristodoulou (a.k.a. Maria X), Sally-Jane Norman (Attenborough Centre for Creative Arts), Kira O’Reilly, Kate O’Riordan (UCSC/Sussex), Joanna Zylinska (Goldsmiths). There will be over 30 academic papers, workshops, film screenings and performances over the workshop day. We have also scheduled a queer film-screening of The Owls on the evening of the 16th of May, with producer Alex Juhasz present for a Q&A session.
The provisional programme will be coming out in the next few weeks.
The workshop is linked to the second annual conference of the International Feminist Journal of Politics, (Im)possibly Queer International Feminisms, between May 17-19, 2013. The Workshop is organised by the Sussex Centre for Cultural Studies, University of Sussex and partly supported by the EPSRC/CC+ Network Sustaining networked knowledge: expertise, feminist media production, art and activism.
We look forward to welcoming you to Brighton in May!
The Queer, Feminist and Social Media Praxis Team.
web: http://queerfemdigiact.wordpress.com/
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Queer-Feminist-and-Social-Media-Praxis-Workshop/434729706593342