Archive for calls, December 2011

[ecrea] Call for Papers: The International Journal of Listening

Tue Dec 20 21:15:03 GMT 2011

Routledge
 Call for Papers: Best Practices in Listening Education

The International Journal of Listening

SPECIAL ISSUE CALL FOR PAPERS
Best Practices in Listening Education

Often we think of communication as talking – and talk we do! We advise, judge, reassure, analyze, argue, console, etc. But, good communication is more than just talking. Good communication requires listening as well as talking. Listening is one of the most important skills you can have. How well you listen has a major impact on your job effectiveness, and on the quality of your relationships with others. Indeed, we spend more communication time listening than we do talking. Yet, we receive almost no training in effective listening.

This special issue of the journal is designed to offer the best training/teaching practices in listening education. You are invited to share the teaching and training activites you use and find successful

For more information on submitting to this Special Issue, please read the full Call for Papers.

For more information on submitting a manuscript to the journal, please visit the journal's Instructions for Authors.

The International Journal of Listening

Editor
Pamela Cooper
University of South Carolina Beaufort

The International Journal of Listening, the official journal of the International Listening Association, serves as an outlet for the publication of scholarly research. The journal focuses on aspects of listening in a variety of contexts, including professional, interpersonal, public/political, media or mass communication, educational, spiritual, intercultural, and international (including second language acquisition contexts). The International Journal of Listening publishes studies of listening utilizing a variety of methodologies, such as empirical, pedagogical, philosophical, and historical methods. The scope of the journal does not include those discimplines that are more medical-physiological in orientation, such as speech and language pathology, strict cognitive psychology, and hearing/auditory neurology.