Archive for calls, December 2011

[ecrea] Call for Papers and Panels: THE LONDON SYMPOSIUM 2012 and FILM AND MEDIA 2012

Thu Dec 01 21:23:20 GMT 2011

We are pleased to announce the acceptance of the first 50 Papers, from some 20 countries, to be presented at THE LONDON SYMPOSIUM 2012 which will be held on the weekend of 22-24 June 2012 at the Institute of Education, University of London.

THE LONDON SYMPOSIUM 2012 is the umbrella title for three annual events taking place in parallel: 'FILM AND MEDIA 2012: The Second Annual London Film and Media Conference', 'LONDONICITY 2012: The Second Annual London Studies Conference' and our new event, 'UNDERSTANDING BRITAIN 2012: The First Annual British Studies Conference'.

Over 230 Papers, from 40 countries, were presented in 2011. The three pioneering conferences have distinct identities but share common interests and facilities. A single registration admits to all events; in spite of rising costs, registration fees have been held at 2011 levels.

We are currently accepting proposals for 20-minute Papers, and three-Paper panels, on a rolling basis until the final deadline of 31 March 2012. Peer Review applies, with a 7-10 day turnaround. Please submit - only via the forms on our websites - an Abstract (strictly 180-200 words), a brief CV (not more than 100 words), and full contact information.

For full details, including listings of our acceptances so far, please visit www.thelondonfilmandmediaconference.com <http://www.thelondonfilmandmediaconference.com/> (for FILM AND MEDIA 2012), www.thelondonconference.com <http://www.thelondonconference.com/> (for LONDONICITY 2012) and www.understandingbritain.com <http://www.understandingbritain.com/> (for UNDERSTANDING BRITAIN 2012).

With all best wishes,
Phillip Drummond,
Academic Conferences London Ltd.