Archive for calls, August 2011

[ecrea] Call for Papers - Global Studies of CHildhood

Fri Aug 26 14:30:31 GMT 2011

We are editing a special issue for the Global Studies of Childhood Journal on 'Childhood futures: better childhoods? -- the call is at the link below. More information about the journal is here: http://www.wwwords.co.uk/gsch/

Here's a taster of what we're looking for from papers:

/This Special Issue seeks to explore the aspirations and anxieties about the future that are mobilised in discussions of what constitutes a better life for children, and to examine how these aspirations are translated into lived experiences for young people. It is particularly concerned with the diversity of future visions and material resources that are available to make better childhoods around the world, and the implications of such diversity for social justice. /

/ /

/Some contributors may be clear that 'better childhoods' are possible, may be working on that basis and would value the opportunity to report on that work. Others might wish to raise awareness about the distribution of power to decide what is 'better'. They might have fresh accounts to give of the unequal distribution of 'betterment'. Others still might think the idea of 'better childhoods' is so compromised that we need to think in quite different ways. Our aim is to foster clear expression of a full range of views and of debate between them. /

http://www.wwwords.co.uk/gsch/pdf/Call-for-Papers-Better-Childhoods-GSCH.pdf

All the best

Keri Facer, Nick Lee, Rachel Holmes

Professor Keri Facer