[ecrea] ECREA-preconference 'Doing global media studies': Conference programme now available online

Wed Jul 28 17:25:15 GMT 2010

>Pre-conference to the ECREA 2010 -- 3rd European Communication Conference
>Bremen, Germany, 11-12 October 2010, Haus der Wissenschaft
>
>Held by: NIIK, Network Intercultural and
>International Communication; Section
>'International and Intercultural Communication'
>of the German Communication Association

>Katharina Kleinen-von Königslöw
>
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>the programme for the ECREA-preconference "Doing
>global media studies: Comparative methods of
>transcultural and transnational media research"
>on October 11-12, 2010 in Bremen is now available online:
>http://www.ecrea2010hamburg.eu/frontend/file.php?id=138&dl=1
>
>We are very happy that so many excellent
>scholars from a variety of fields and continents
>have agreed to join us in discussing the methods
>of transcultural and transnational media
>research in Bremen. In addition to the 23
>presentations (which were selected via
>double-blind peer review from 50 submissions),
>we are looking forward to the following keynotes:
>
>- Sonia Livingstone (Department of Media and
>Communications, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK)
>- Tristan Mattelart (Department of Culture and
>Communication, Université Paris 8, France)
>
>Registration for the preconference is now
>possible via the main ECREA 2010 website.
>Please note that if you are only able to attend
>the preconference in Bremen that you do NOT have
>to pay the conference fee for the main ECREA conference in Hamburg.
>
>Visit the conference website for further
>information on the conference location, accommodation etc.
>
>And please do not hesitate to contact us if you
>have any questions regarding the preconference via (dgms /at/ ecrea2010hamburg.eu).
>
>We look forward to seeing you in Bremen!
>
>Best regards,
>Katharina Kleinen-von Königslöw
>Michael Brüggemann
>Andreas Hepp

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885