Archive for calls, July 2010

[ecrea] CFP for IALJS-6 annual conference in Brussels

Wed Jul 28 17:27:05 GMT 2010

>Call for Papers
>International Association for Literary Journalism Studies
>"Literary Journalism: Theoria, Poiesis and Praxis"
>The Sixth International Conference for Literary Journalism Studies (IALJS-6)
>
>Université Libre de Bruxelles
>Département des Sciences de l'Information et de la Communication (SIC)
>Brussels, Belgium
>
>12-14 May 2011
>
>The International Association for Literary
>Journalism Studies invites submissions of
>original research papers, abstracts for research
>in progress and proposals for panels on Literary
>Journalism for the IALJS annual convention on
>12-14 May 2011. The conference will be held at
>the Département des Sciences de l'Information et
>de la Communication (SIC) at Université Libre de
>Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium.
>
>The conference hopes to be a forum for scholarly
>work of both breadth and depth in the field of
>literary journalism, and all research
>methodologies are welcome, as are research on
>all aspects of literary journalism and/or
>literary reportage. For the purpose of scholarly
>delineation, our definition of literary
>journalism is "journalism as literature" rather
>than "journalism about literature." The
>association especially hopes to receive papers
>related to the general conference theme,
>"Literary Journalism: Theoria, Poiesis and
>Praxis." All submissions must be in English.
>
>The International Association for Literary
>Journalism Studies is a multi-disciplinary
>learned society whose essential purpose is the
>encouragement and improvement of scholarly
>research and education in Literary Journalism.
>As an association in a relatively recently
>defined field of academic study, it is our
>agreed intent to be both explicitly inclusive
>and warmly supportive of a variety of scholarly approaches.
>
>Information on previous annual meetings can be
>found at <http://www.ialjs.org/?page_id=33>http://www.ialjs.org/?page_id=33
>
>I. GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
>
>Submitted research papers should not exceed
>7,500 words, or about 25 double-spaced pages,
>plus endnotes. Please regard this as an upper
>limit; shorter papers are certainly welcome.
>Endnotes and bibliographic citations should
>follow the Chicago Manual of Style. Papers may
>not be simultaneously submitted to any other
>conferences. Papers previously published,
>presented, accepted or under review are
>ineligible. Only one paper per author will be
>accepted for presentation in the conference's
>research sessions, and at least one author for
>each paper must be at the convention in order to
>present the paper. If accepted, each paper
>presenter at a conference Research Session may
>be allotted no more than 15 minutes. To be
>considered, please observe the following guidelines:
>
>Submission by e-mail attachment in MS Word is
>required. No other format or faxes or postal mail submissions will be accepted.
>Include one separate title page containing
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885