Archive for calls, July 2010

[ecrea] Call for Papers - Animation Studies

Thu Jul 22 06:42:13 GMT 2010

>Following on from the successful annual Society for Animation
>Studies conference held in Edinburgh two weeks ago, I would like to
>announce the latest call for papers for Animation Studies.
>

>CALL FOR PAPERS - Animation Studies
>

>Society for Animation Studies members are invited to submit
>conference papers from conferences they participated in, especially
>SAS conferences past and present in the growing subject area of
>animation studies.   Non-members are welcome to submit papers, but
>must join the society before an accepted paper can be
>published.  (Membership details available at
><http://animationstudies.org>animationstudies.org).
>
>All papers are subject to peer review and presentation; acceptance
>of a paper at a conference is not a guarantee of publication. If a
>paper is accepted for a conference but not presented it can still be
>considered, subject to agreement by the editorial board.
>
>Papers will be blind refereed where possible and comments collated
>and returned to the author by the editor.
>
>The journal editions run on an annual basis with papers accepted
>throughout the year but the volume closed on calendar year end. In
>order to simplify the refereeing and submission, papers will be
>accepted at deadlines throughout the year. We invite authors to
>submit papers in spring and late summer/early autumn.
>
>We strongly encourage the submission of past papers in order to
>establish a useful archive of work which members can access. We also
>encourage the submission of links to other publications or
>bibliographic citations where conference papers have been published elsewhere.
>
>Papers are not limited to word length, though it is expected that
>the paper will not exceed that of the presentation, or a reasonable
>approximation of it. Authors may edit their conference
>presentations, but the text must provide a reasonable representation
>of the material presented at the conference.
>
>Images are welcomed but authors must seek permissions to reproduce
>them in the journal. Rights owners must be identified in the
>caption, in the manner specified by the rights owner in a release
>form signed by that individual. Articles are published under
>Creative Commons regulations, which allows the author to retain
>copyright but allows free distribution of the work for educational
>purposes. Creative Commons is in line with progressive online
>publishing practices.
>
>The Harvard Referencing system will be used. All papers should be
>submitted in Microsoft Word document files (.doc) or Rich Text
>Format (.rtf). Please submit images in low resolution, web-ready formats.
>
>Email your essay, including a cover page stating your name, your
>institutional affiliation (now and at the time of the paper
>presentation), the name of the paper, the conference at which it was
>published, the date of presentation (or conference dates), four to
>seven keywords pertaining to the article, a one- to two-sentence
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885