Archive for October 2016

[ecrea] Storymaking Symposium Liverpool John Moores University

Wed Oct 05 21:41:09 GMT 2016

Registration is now open for the Storymaking Symposium at the Liverpool Screen School, Liverpool John Moores University, to be held on Friday 11th November 2016.

For more information see: https://storymakingblog.wordpress.com
And to register see:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/storymaking-symposium-tickets-28290961026

This one day event is organised in collaboration with the ICC (Institute of Cultural Capital) and is supported by the MeCCSA Practice Network.

The focus of this symposium is making stories with rather than just for the audience.

In the contemporary cultural landscape we can all self publish our novel, release our own films online and share our photography through numerous social media sites, gathering our own audience from across the globe. These new capabilities are altering the relationship between producers and consumers of cultural products and afford possibilities for new experiences that are collaborative.

Participatory culture is a new and developing area of media practice, which would benefit from exploration and discussion of; technologies that afford participation, the ethics of collaboration with users, the creative potential of working with an audience and methods to develop communities of users.

This discussion will allow a sharing of practice amongst those who already produce new media / digital content and work collaboratively with others and practitioners who are interested in developing work with audiences and users

The symposium will investigate approaches to participatory cultural practice and ask - what happens when the audience joins in?

Please register / get in touch through the website or email me if you are interested in attending or have any questions.

Best wishes

Sarah
(S.haynes /at/ ljmu.ac.uk)