Archive for January 2014

[ecrea] CfP deadline extended Heroes and monsters: extra-ordinary tales of learning and teaching in the Arts and Humanities

Thu Jan 09 04:35:04 GMT 2014

Call for papers deadline extended to 20 January 2014

Heroes and monsters: extra-ordinary tales of learning and teaching in the arts and humanities,
The Lowry, Manchester, 2-4 June 2014

About the conference
Our 3rd annual arts and humanities conference invites you to explore the everyday business of learning and teaching through metaphors of monsters and heroes. We hope that this conference will give delegates an opportunity to share stories of their academic practice, and to bring together discipline-based research and educational enquiry.

This conference asks how the idea of monstrosity can articulate the issues facing academics working in arts and humanities higher education today. We consider how monstrous pedagogies can disrupt the realities and habits of higher education in the arts and humanities, and show different ways of being, learning and teaching.

Call for papers
We are calling for contributions which engage with the conference theme. Options for contributions include:
•	pre-conference workshop (3 hours)
•	paper (30 minutes)
•	debate (1 hour)
•	workshop (90 minutes)
•	PechaKucha (6 minutes)
•	poster

Who should attend
All who are engaged in supporting learning and teaching the Arts and Humanities in higher education. This includes but is not limited to higher education teaching staff, Programme Leaders and Faculty Deans, archivists, librarians, technicians. learning technologists, academic developers.

Arts and Humanities disciplines include:
Archaeology, Classics, Area Studies, Art and Design, Cinematics and Photography, Dance, Drama and Music, Digital Humanities, English, History, Journalism, Languages, Linguistics, Media and Communications, Philosophical and Religious Studies.
We particularly welcome early career lecturers, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.

More details can be found via the conference website athttp://bit.ly/monsters14, or please feel free to email me (atJennie.Osborn /at/ heacademy.ac.uk)  if you have any questions.

Jennie Osborn