Archive for October 2012

[ecrea] CFP: International Conference on Communication and Reality, Barcelona, 13 June – 14 June, 2013

Sun Oct 07 14:45:41 GMT 2012

Subject: Breaking the Media Value Chain
VII International Conference on Communication and Reality, Barcelona, 13 June – 14 June, 2013
Blanquerna School of Communication Studies, Ramon Llull University
http://cicr.blanquerna.url.edu/

Deadline for abstracts: 23 November, 2012.

Please pass this message on to your department and to colleagues who may be interested in our conference.

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce that registration for your IV International Conference on Communication and Reality, entitled Breaking the Media Value Chain is now in progress. The complete Call for Papers is posted in English, Spanish, and Catalan on our conference web site,http://cicr.blanquerna.url.edu/. We invite you to submit individual abstracts and complete panel proposals, and to peruse further information posted there.
The conference, in accordance with the characteristics of our institution, strives for rigorous scholarship, interdisciplinary methodology, with participation from the business sector, and with a structure particularly designed to stimulate, above all, scholarly debate centered on our central topic Breaking the Media Value Chain. The title refers to the need to explore new directions to better understand and identify the new interdependencies, dynamics, and radical changes taking place in the public sphere, a sphere which after all is tantamount to the media, the cinema, broadcasting, television, public relations and advertising, and which have an immediate bearing on its lifeline, namely the value chain. This paradigm is based on the numbers of readers, viewers, and users which the mass media can "sell" in exchange for advertising revenue. This value chain has now entered a critical phase owing to the advent of the social media and horizontal mass communication.

We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your comments (atcicr /at/ blanquerna.url.edu)<mailto:(cicr /at/ blanquerna.url.edu)>.

Sincerely,

Klaus Zilles Ph.D.
Joan Cuenca Ph.D.

Facultat de Ciències de la Comunicació Blanquerna
Universitat Ramon Llull
Valldonzella, 23
08001 Barcelona
tel: (34) 93 253 3108
fax: (34) 93 253 3123

(cicr /at/ blanquerna.url.edu)<mailto:(cicr /at/ blanquerna.url.edu)>