Archive for October 2011

[ecrea] OWOVM 2011 Conference

Tue Oct 18 10:19:54 GMT 2011

The Oral, the Written, and Other Verbal Media (OWOVM)

12-14 December 2011 ? www.owovm.com

Early Bird Discounted Registration Extended!!!!!

We?re sure you?ll all be excited to know that we have extended the date for the Early Bird discounted registration fee! The date has been extended from the 17th of October to Monday the 7th of November! Register now to receive the discounted price of AU$285! Registrations after 7th November will be charged AU$315. You can find the registration form on the OWOVM website: http://owovm.com/registration.

OWOVM is a conference about language-based arts and related media of expression. It brings together composers and performers across creative fields including language, voice, and text, as well as scholars from a range of fields in the creative arts, humanities, and social sciences. It expressly provides a forum for explorations of Indigeneity and autochthony, orality and literacy, and ideologies around cultural reproduction.

Please contact the organisers if you have any queries about registration for this conference: (owovm /at/ vu.edu.au).

There is also the option of joining our conference dinner on 13 December, for which we can accommodate up to 45 participants (on a first-come-first-served basis). This is a banquet dinner at a famous Lebanese restaurant in Melbourne, Ablas, costing AU$55 per person.
Confirmed keynote presenters:

Gorkem Acaroglu (Melbourne Workers Theatre)

Molly Andrews (University of East London)

Larissa Behrendt (University of Technology, Sydney)

Scott Rankin (Ngapartji Ngapartji, Alice Springs)

Alex Kelly (NgapartjiNgapartji, Alice Springs)

Chris Meade (Institute for the Book, London/Brisbane)

John Milloy (Trent University, Ontario)

This email, including any attachment, is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. It is confidential and may contain personal information or be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, reproduction or storage of it is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender via return email and delete it from your system immediately. Victoria University does not warrant that this email is free from viruses or defects and accepts no liability for any damage caused by such viruses or defects.