[ecrea] Crossroads in Cultural Studies 2010

Wed Jul 15 08:59:44 GMT 2009

LATEST UPDATE

Since its inception in 1996 in Tampere, Finland, the Crossroads in Cultural Studies Conference has filled a significant gap in the global academic community. It is now a key international conference in cultural studies where scholars from all five continents get together regularly to exchange research outputs, critical viewpoints and scholarly insights. Organized by the <http://www.cultstud.org/>Association for Cultural Studies (ACS), the Crossroads conference is held every other year in different parts of the world: Birmingham in UK, Illinois in USA, Istanbul in Turkey and Kingston in Jamaica.

The 8th international Crossroads will be held in Hong Kong, June 17-21, 2010. Hosted by Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution, and organized by its Department of Cultural Studies and Kwan Fong Cultural Research and Development Program, this will be the first time Crossroads holds this important academic gathering in East Asia. Below is an update on the latest from our organizers at Lingnan University:

n 10 World-class Keynote Speakers from Australia, China, Ecuador, France, India, Italy, Taiwan, UK, and USA will address the conference with research based on their latest work at keynote and plenary sessions. Details at: <http://www.crossroads2010.org/invited_speakers.html>http://www.crossroads2010.org/invited_speakers.html

n VERY AFFORDABLE Accommodation To meet the challenge of the global financial crisis, we offer special favourable rates at our two conference hotels. Room rate starts from US$64 (breakfast, service and tax incl) per night only! In addition, air-conditioned campus hostel accommodation is also available for US$30 per night! See: <http://www.crossroads2010.org/accommodation.html>http://www.crossroads2010.org/accommodation.html

n CUTTING-EDGE Conference Topics We welcome all topics relevant to Cultural Studies, especially new and innovative areas of research. See a list of possible topic areas at: <http://www.crossroads2010.org/topic_suggestions.html>http://www.crossroads2010.org/topic_suggestions.html

n Submit your proposal NOW! The call for paper and organised panel proposals is already in progress. Check the submission guidelines and act before Dec. 31, 2009: <http://www.crossroads2010.org/panel_and_paper_proposals.html>http://www.crossroads2010.org/panel_and_paper_proposals.html

n Online Registration is ready. Please make sure you DON'T MISS the Early Bird Registration deadline: March 15, 2010! For details, visit our website right away, at: <http://www.crossroads2010.org/registration_details.html>http://www.crossroads2010.org/registration_details.html

n Spread the news: Please forward this message to your colleagues and friends! We look forward to seeing each and every one of you in Hong Kong in 2010!

Prof Stephen C K Chan Prof Meaghan Morris Prof John Erni

Conference Director Academic Director Deputy Conference Director

Crossroads 2010 Organizing Committee, Lingnan University, Hong Kong

Website: <http://www.crossroads2010.org>http://www.crossroads2010.org Email-Enquiry: <mailto:(crossroads2010 /at/ LN.edu.hk)>(crossroads2010 /at/ LN.edu.hk)