Archive for October 2009

[ecrea] New articles from Culture Unbound!

Thu Oct 15 13:47:37 GMT 2009

New articles from Culture Unbound!
http://www.cultureunbound.ep.liu.se/index.html

Culture Unbound: Journal of Current Cultural research is a new open access
e-journal that seeks to be a forum for contemporary, cutting edge cultural
research from a wide range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas. We
published our first thematic section  entitled ?What´s the Use of Cultural
Research?? in June and our next section ?Signs of the City /City of Signs?,
edited by Geoff Stahl, will be released later this fall.

But for now, we would like to give a sample of all the splendid manuscripts
we?ve received since last spring in the form of three articles and a couple
of book reviews. Right now Culture Unbound is happy to present a new article
by Colin Mercer, ?Convergence, Creative Industries and Civil Society?, that
partly recaptures the question from our first thematic section by relating
the concept of civil society and creative industries to the development of
cultural research and cultural policy. We have also published two other
articles that explore the meeting between cultural heritage and new media.
In ?Digital Media and the Order of Ethnography? Andreas Henriksson applies
an Actor-Network Theory approach to the Swedish Museum of World Culture?s
attempts to renew old ethnographic objects through the use of digital media.
In ?Cultural Research and Intangible Heritage? Sheenagh Pietrobruno analyses
how the reproduction of old Caribbean dances on internet communities
challenges the traditional definitions of intangible heritage.

Apart from this you can also read about the new Scandinavian anthologies,
Nye Kulturstudier (Scandinavian Academic Press, 2008) and Kultursverige 2009
(SweCult/Linköping University, 2009).

You can access all articles for free from Culture Unbound:
http://www.cultureunbound.ep.liu.se/v1/.

Martin Fredriksson
Executive Editor
Culture Unbound