[ecrea] seeking research partner in Estonia, Czech Republic or Slovakia

Wed Oct 08 15:47:49 GMT 2008

**** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING - PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU THINK MIGHT BE INTERESTED ********

I am leading a group putting together a European research bid on the theme of 'Migration and "the Visual"'. We have partners in a number of 'West European' countries and we are seeking a partner in East/East Central Europe (Estonia, Czech  Republic or Slovakia).

We have some funding available to cover some of the expenses required to attend a planning workshop to be held on the Paisley campus of the University of the West of Scotland (near to Glasgow Airport) on Friday 14th of November 2008.

If you are interested, and meet the criteria outlined below, please contact me, as soon as possible, at:(chris.gilligan /at/ uws.ac.uk)

(please do not clog up the list with replies, contact me directly)

Potential partners must:

1) be in a tenured post in an academic institution which is recognised by one of your countries research funding bodies (ETF, ASCR or MHEST)

2) have a track record of research and publication in the field of migration and/or visual studies (this can be broadly defined and does not have to be extensive)

3) be able and willing to conduct research and/or conduct practice on at least one of the following areas: participatory video production with migrants; production and circulation of digital images by migrants;
archiving migrants' visual artefacts.

4) be competent in written and spoken English

If you meet the criteria above and are interested in being involved, but are not able to attend a workshop meeting on the 14th of November 2008, please contact me anyway.

Kind regards

Chris

Chris Gilligan
Senior Lecturer in Sociology