[ecrea] Position in Cultural Studies / Columbia College Chicago

Tue Jun 24 20:11:52 GMT 2008

>The Cultural Studies Program in the Liberal Education Department at
>Columbia
>College Chicago invites applications for a tenure-track faculty
>position in
>Cultural Studies, starting in Fall 2009. The ideal candidate should be
>trained in Media Studies, with research and teaching interests in at
>least
>three of the following: new media, new technologies and culture,
>critical
>studies of science and technology, and cultural studies methodologies.
>We
>are particularly interested in those candidates working in new media
>and one
>or more of the following areas: Asian cultural studies, Asian American
>cultural studies and Native American cultural studies. Ph.D. in
>cultural
>studies, media studies, or related field is required at time of hire.
>Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is required.
>
>Responsibilities include: full-time undergraduate teaching load (3/3),
>including cultural studies courses at all levels; scholarship and
>professional activity; student advising; and service to the College and
>community.
>
>Columbia College Chicago is an urban institution of over 11,500
>undergraduate & graduate students, emphasizing arts, media, &
>communications
>in a liberal arts setting. The Cultural Studies Program at Columbia -
>home
>to over 120 majors - explicitly seeks to link the humanities and social
>sciences, combining a variety of methods of interpretation and analysis
>explore the production, distribution, and consumption of cultural
>phenomena
>in their social context. The program is based in the Liberal Education
>Department, an interdisciplinary unit that draws on faculty from over
>10
>disciplines. The Department offers minors in Latino Studies, Women and
>Gender Studies, and Black World Studies, and provides courses in
>history,
>humanities, foreign languages, and social sciences.
>
>We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
>Columbia
>College Chicago encourages female, GLTB, disabled, minority classified
>&
>international individuals to apply for all positions. We will begin
>reviewing applications on September 30, 2008. Please send letter of
>application, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching
>excellence, graduate transcripts, writing sample of
>research/scholarship,
>and three letters of reference to:
>
>Carmelo Esterrich, PhD
>Chair, Search Committee
>Department of Liberal Education
>Columbia College Chicago
>Chicago, IL 60605-1996 USA
>___

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/