[ecrea] MeCCSA Conference 2009- Call For Papers

Mon Jun 23 09:40:26 GMT 2008

>MeCCSA 2009 Conference: Call For Papers
>
>19 September Deadline
>

>MeCCSA is the UK subject association for those teaching and researching in
>Media, Communication and Cultural Studies. The organisation holds its next
>conference from 14-16 January 2009, hosted by the School of Informatics,
>University of Bradford and held at The National Media Museum
>(http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk). It includes a reception and
>conference dinner at the museum in central Bradford.
>

>We are inviting papers, presentations of practice, posters and panels across
>the range of interests represented by the Association and its networks (see
>www.MeCCSA.org.uk ). Some sessions we hope will weave together 'practice'
>and 'research' focused papers, and there will be separate screenings in full
>of material referred to in these. Proposals for papers and panels are
>welcome in all areas of media, communication and cultural studies. As MeCCSA
>joined with AMPE (the Association of Media Practitioners in Education) in
>2006 practice-based proposals are also very welcome.
>

>Confirmed plenary speakers:
>

>-              Laura Mulvey (Birkbeck University of London)
>
>-              Diane Negra (University of East Anglia)
>
>-              Shaun Moores  (University of Sunderland)
>
>-              Dominique Pasquier (EHESS, Paris).
>

>Poster Competition
>
>There will be a poster competition with a prize of £100, to be judged by
>members of the MeCCSA Executive Committee. The academic poster is highly
>valued by MeCCSA as an indicator of current research and there will be a
>good space set aside at the 2009 conference for this activity.
>

>For a definition of a poster see here: http://tinyurl.com/5buprz
>
>An online tutorial on how to design a poster is available
>here:http://tinyurl.com/6xn9om
>

>Competition for Best Paper
>
>The Art Design Media - Higher Education Academy Subject Centre (ADM-HEA) are
>also offering a £500 prize, and publication, for the best paper analysing
>key issues impacting on media, communications and cultural studies in higher
>education. Submission details as for other papers etc. below.
>

>Abstracts of papers, presentations of practice and posters, no longer than
>250 words, should be sent to (MeCCSA /at/ Bradford.ac.uk). by 19 September in order
>for peer review to take place.
>

>For panels, let us have a short description and rationale for the whole (200
>words), abstracts for each of the papers (250 words each) and the name of
>the person chairing. For practice proposals make sure you send DVD or VHS
>preview material (not the whole item) with the abstract.
>

>The pricing chart for the 2009 MeCCSA Conference in Bradford is as follows:
>

>                3 day     1 day
>
>MeCCSA Member Early   £170      £125
>
>MeCCSA Member Standard           £190      £140
>
>Non-Member Early          £200      £150
>
>Non-Member Standard   £220      £170
>
>Postgraduate Early           £100      -

> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/