[ecrea] Two Associate/Assistant Professors of Perfomance Design

Wed Jun 11 17:14:01 GMT 2008

>* Two Associate/Assistant Professors of Perfomance Design *
>
>Are you at the forefront when it comes to knowledge of design and
>production of cultural live events? Do you have insight into event
>aesthetics and the creative industries in the new cultural economy?
>Are you passionate about educating the future professionals in this
>area (from curators to artistic managers, festival organizers, and
>beyond to wedding planners)? If so, we hope that you will consider
>applying for one of these two positions.
>
>This is to announce two vacant positions at the associate or assistant
>level in the department of Performance Design. The department is part
>of the Institute of Communication, Business, and Information
>Technologies. The expected start date is September 1, 2008 or as soon
>as possible thereafter. The department, with its own program, was
>established in 2004 and currently has a total of 130 students. The
>program is part of the Roskilde educational structure, with two years
>in the general studies program followed by three years of
>specialization in two different MA programs. The present positions
>also entail teaching and supervision in the general studies program.
>
>The program aims to give students practical and theoretical knowledge
>of design, organization, and production of performances and cultural
>live events. This includes the audience dimension. Central to the
>program is the creative development and management of productions that
>feature scenographic, sonic, and/or visual forms of expression. New
>media technologies are integrated in various ways.
>
>Further information about the program can be
>found at the Web site:www.ruc.dk/performance-design/
>
>The successful applicants will be associated with the research group
>Visual Culture and Performance Design which is one of the seven
>research groups at the institute. There is also the possibility for
>cooperation with the Center for Experience Research. Further
>information about the research group and the center can be found via
>the institute Web site:www.ruc.dk/cbit/
>
>Practical experience with the design of performances and cultural live
>events is a plus but not a requirement.
>
>Applicants should master Danish (or Norwegian or Swedish) to the
>extend that they can teach and supervise in Danish as well as perform
>administrative tasks and contribute to team collaborations in Danish.
>
>Appointment at the associate level requires research qualifications at
>the level of a Ph.D. degree plus further research experience
>equivalent of what is expected of a three-year appointment as
>assistant professor. Appointment at the assistant level requires
>research qualifications at the level of a Ph.D. degree.
>
>The application should clearly indicate whether it concerns a post as
>assistant professor or as associate professor. Curriculum vitae,
>diplomas, information about previous teaching activities and other
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/