[ecrea] CfP: Applications of Social Network Analysis -- ASNA2008 - September 12-13, University of Zurich

Tue Jun 10 08:28:56 GMT 2008

>                             Call for Papers
>
>            Applications of Social Network Analysis ­ ASNA2008
>  12-13 September 2008, University of Zurich and Ritsumeikan University
>
>The 5th conference on Applications of Social Network Analysis (ASNA
>2008) will again take place at the University of Zurich. ASNA 2008 will
>primarily provide an interdisciplinary venue with focus on applications
>of social network analysis; however, submissions on theoretical and
>methodological issues regarding SNA are also welcome. Submissions can
>take the form of research designs, theoretical (theory-building) papers
>or a presentation of research results, and should be written and
>presented in English. Abstracts of no more than 300 words have to be
>submitted by July 1 (send your abstract by e-mail to info[at] asna.ch).
>You will be notified about the acceptance of your submission by July 15,
>and will have to submit the full paper by August 15. Every paper will be
>discussed by a respondent, which means that by presenting every
>participant agrees to be a respondent for another paper. Presenters will
>have the opportunity to make their paper available to a broader audience
>on the conference website. Additionally, an edited volume containing the
>conference contributions will be published in 2009.
>
>This year's keynote will be simulcasted via the internet to a parallel
>event at Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, Japan. Our Japanese colleagues
>will organize a session of ASNA2008 (codenamed "ASNA2008-Asia"), which
>will mainly focus on (the existing, emerging, or just possible)
>technological aspects of applications of social network analysis.
>ASNA-Asia is thought to become a forum for students and young
>researchers in Asia, who are or will be involved in the development of
>various "SNA-based" software systems.For this year it is a pilot and
>hopefully we will be able to extend the model next year by having one
>website but several simultaneous conferences around the globe on
>applications of social network analysis.
>
>The conference includes a keynote speech by Frank Schweitzer, Chair of
>Systems Design, ETH Zurich.
>
>For additional information see: www.asna.ch
>
>Conference Chair Zurich:
>Uwe Serdült
>University of Zurich
>Zentrum für Demokratie Aarau (ZDA)
>Küttigerstrasse 14
>CH-5000 Aarau
>info (at) asna.ch
>
>Conference Chairs Japan:
>Victor V. Kryssanov and H. Ogawa
>College of Information Sc. and Eng.
>Ritsumeikan University
>1-1-1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu
>Shiga, 525-8577
>infoasia (at) asna.ch

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/