[ecrea] Translocations - Volume Three Now Online

Tue Jun 03 11:33:45 GMT 2008

>Dear all,
>
>It is with great pleasure that I write to inform
>you that the third issue of Translocations is
>now available online. I would like to take this
>opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to
>this issue. A special thank you goes to Natalja
>and Niall here at DCU for putting it all online.
>
>At the end of this month Translocations will
>begin hosting its own online blog page wherein
>people will be able to post comments and provide
>feedback on any of the articles/editorials released thus far.
>
>We look forward to hearing from you.
>
>With kind regards
>

>Aoileann Ní Mhurchú
>Managing Editor ­ Translocations: The Irish
>Migration, Race and Social Transformation Review
>Tel: (+353) (1) 7005052
>Email: (aoileann.nimhurchu /at/ dcu.ie) <mailto:(aoileann.nimhurchu /at/ dcu.ie)>
>http://www.translocations.ie/

+++

Translocations
Current Issue
Volume 3 | Issue 1 | Summer 2008

Editorial

Peer-Reviewed Articles

Ireland´s Lack of a Coherent Integration Policy
Gerry Boucher
Visiting Scholar
Migration and Citizenship Research Initiative, University College Dublin

Media transnationalism in Ireland: an examination of Polish media practices
Gavan Titley
Centre for Media Studies, The National University of Ireland, Maynooth

Fixity and Whiteness in the Ethnicity Question of Irish Census 2006
Marian Cadogan
University College Cork

Locating the Self in Diaspora Space
Diane Nititham
University College Dublin

Refugee Agency and Autonomy in English Language Acquisition
Lorna Carson
Centre for Language and Communication Studies, Trinity College Dublin

Political Parties and Minority Ethnic Communities
in Northern Ireland: Election Manifestos 1994 - 2007
Aidan McGarry (1), Paul Hainsworth (2) and Chris Gilligan (3)
1) School of Economics and Politics, University of Ulster
2) School of Economics and Politics, University of Ulster
3) The School of Languages and Social Sciences, University of Aston

Platform

Integration - Mapping the Terrain
Alice Feldman
Co-Director
The Migration and Research Initiative, University College Dublin

Analysis of the Irish Labour Market and Immigration since EU Enlargement
Brian McCormick
Planning and Research Department, FÁS

Grandpa.... Speak to me in Russian
Louis Lentin

Reviews

Multiculturalism and the Integration Agenda
Ronaldo Munck
Dublin City University

Jonathan Xavier Inda (2006) 'Targeting
Immigrants. Government, Technology, and Ethics'
Breda Gray
University of Limerick

Alan Grossman and Aine O'Brien (eds) (2007)
'Projecting Migration: Transcultural Documentary Practice'
Nico Carpentier

Ronit Lentin and Robbie McVeigh (2006) 'After
Optimism? Ireland, Racism and Globalisation'
Aoileann Ní Mhurchú
Dublin City University

David McWilliams (2007) 'The Generation Game'
Gearóid Ó Colmáin
Dublin City University

Karen Fricker and Ronit Lentin/ (eds.) (2007) 'Performing Global Networks'
Breda Gray
University of Limerick

'The Protocols of the Tribe'
Bryan Fanning
University College Dublin

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/