[ecrea] Call for papers: The Politics of Digital Games

Fri May 16 12:53:03 GMT 2008

>CALL FOR PAPERS for panel entitled, "Gaming our
>Future? Time-Politics-Security in a Virtual World"
>
>INTERNATIONAL STUDIES ASSOCIATION ANNUAL
>CONFERENCE, New York, USA, February 15th through the 18th of 2009
>
>The space that digital games occupy in many
>people's lives has grown exponentially. Research
>on the socio-political ramifications of digital
>games has not, however, and is only now
>beginning to catch up. This panel seeks to
>redress the theoretical gap between this world
>and a growing number of virtual worlds and
>welcomes therefore papers that explore the
>relationship between digital games and questions
>of time, politics/political agency, and security
>using insights gained from the Social Sciences as well as the Humanities.
>
>If you would be interested in presenting a
>paper, please send us an abstract of no more
>than 500 words by Thursday, May 22. Do not
>forget to include a title for your abstract,
>your name, your affiliation, and your contact information.
>
>Please contact the panel organizers if you would like more information:
>Stephanie Buus,
>Research Fellow, The Swedish Institute of International Affairs
>Stockholm, Sweden
>E-mail:
><mailto:stephanie.buus%40ui.se>(stephanie.buus /at/ ui.se)
><mailto:HYPERLINK "mailto:stephanie.buus%40ui.se";(stephanie.buus /at/ ui.se)>
>
>Maria Stern
>Associate Professor, Department of Peace and Development Research
>Gothenburg University, Sweden
>E-mail:
><mailto:maria.stern%40globalstudies.gu.se>(maria.stern /at/ globalstudies.gu.se)
><mailto:HYPERLINK
>"mailto:maria.stern%40globalstudies.gu.se";(maria.stern /at/ globalstudies.gu.se)>
>
>The general call for ISA proposals can be viewed
>at: <http://www.isanet.org/newyork2009/>http://www.isanet.org/newyork2009/
><http://www.isanet.org/newyork2009/> .

>as the only content of the message

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/