[ecrea] Lecturer in Cultural Studies, University of Kent

Fri May 02 07:55:36 GMT 2008

>Lecturer in Cultural Studies, University of Kent
>
>UCEA Scale 7/8 Salary £29,138 - £41,545
>
>Applications are invited for this post based at
>the University of Kents Canterbury campus.
>
>The School is a large, dynamic and diverse
>department with 54 HEFC-funded academic staff.
>It has 6* RAE status, strong student recruitment
>and offers favourable conditions to staff.
>
>You should have or be developing a strong
>research record, and be able to contribute to
>the Schools teaching programmes in the Social
>Sciences. We are interested in candidates who
>can teach in any area of Sociology or Cultural Studies.
>
>The post is full-time and permanent and will be available from 1st September
>2008, or later by arrangement.
>
>CULTURAL STUDIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF KENT
>
>Cultural Studies undergraduate single and joint
>honours programmes at the University of Kent are
>organised an interfaculty basis and run from
>within the School of Social Policy, Sociology
>and Social Research. At undergraduate level,
>Cultural Studies may be taken as a single
>honours degree or as part of a joint honours
>programme with a wide range of other subjects ­
>including with History and Philosophy of Art,
>with Social Anthropology or with Comparative
>Literary Studies. New Joint programmes with Film
>Studies and with Criminology are about to come
>on stream. Recruitment is currently solid and
>expected to grow. In total the School admitted
>over 250 undergraduate students in 2007, of whom
>over 150 were either registered for degrees
>involving Cultural Studies or Sociology.
>Cultural Studies modules are also widely
>attended by students on other programmes within
>the School as well by students on programmes run by other Faculties.
>
>MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
>
>The School is seeking to appoint a new member of
>staff to contribute to core teaching within
>Cultural Studies and able to enhance the range
>of optional modules central to Cultural Studies
>programmes. The successful candidate will have a
>wide critical knowledge and perspective on
>cultural studies, its various traditions and
>concerns. She or he will be expected to
>contribute to a first year course, entitled
>Studying Modern Culture, as well as present a
>further course for students in the second or
>third years of their Single and Joint degrees in
>Cultural Studies. Such courses are widely
>attended by students on a range of social
>science and humanities degrees, and it would be
>expected that this aspect of the provision is
>taken into account in course design.
>
>The successful candidate will have relevant
>teaching experience within the field of Cultural
>Studies in general and will be expected to
>develop and present teaching which is
>commensurate with the aims of the cultural
>studies programmes and which enhances and
>extends the overall offer within the School.
>Additionally, she or he would be expected to
>take on administrative responsibilities as
>deemed appropriate to the level of appointment
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/