[ecrea] Call for papers - Digital Dialogues: Moving Media Education

Wed Apr 09 05:57:40 GMT 2008

>NATIONAL MEDIA EDUCATION CONFERENCE (SAAME)
>ADELAIDE 26-28 SEPTEMBER 2008
>Conference Theme, Digital Dialogues: Moving Media Education
>
>HAWKE BUILDING
>CITY WEST CAMPUS
>UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
>
>CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOPS
>
>The digital future is upon us and we ought to be
>talking about the digital present. How are
>students, teachers and media education
>accommodating and responding to the changes
>brought by the digital revolution ? Where is
>Media Education now and where is it heading?
>
>Children and young people now have more choices
>as consumers, readers, viewers, creators and
>producers of media than their parents and even
>older siblings had, and their communicative
>power is considerable. Media that used to be
>exclusive and expensive is now everywhere and
>everyday. With so much availability and
>opportunity for creativity, what are the
>practices that we find ourselves engaged with as
>consumers, producers, educators, and citizens?
>
>This conference invites papers and workshops
>that engage with the most current issues,
>challenges and practices in media education.
>Papers will be accepted in peer-reviewed and
>non-reviewed streams. Workshops may provide
>examples of teaching and learning innovation,
>excellence, and engagement with media practices and projects.
>
>We welcome papers and workshops on a broad range
>of topics and here are a few suggested themes:
>
>Fostering Media Cultures; Me Media: More Than
>Just a Marketing Mantra?; Media Making;
>Developing Digital Literacy; IP:
>Creating/Quoting; Teaching Ethics in a Changing
>Media Culture; Indigenous Media Communities; Who
>are the Net Gen and What Do They Do?; Media
>Regulation; New Media and Old Moral Panics;
>Relevant Education for Media Workers; Social
>Networking Sites and Services; Encouraging
>Childrens Creativity with Media; Open-source in
>the Classroom; Personal Technologies, Creativity
>and Education; Cyber-bullying in Youth Culture
>
>All abstracts and papers will be double blind, peer-reviewed.
>
>Submit 200 word abstract by 28th April, 2008 to
>www.conferenceplus.com.au/mediaeduconf08
>Follow the instructions under Lodge Abstracts
>
>Response Schedule:
>
>Notification of Abstract Acceptance 12th May
>Full Paper Due 16 June
>Notification of Paper Acceptance 7 July
>Final (Revised) Paper Due 4 August
>
>Early Bird Registration Closes 11 August
>
>All peer-reviewed papers will be considered for
>publication in Southern Review.
>
>Please submit any questions relating to your
>abstarct to Grant Brindal at (bigred /at/ chariot.net.au)
>
>Grant Brindal
>Conference Convenor

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/