Archive for December 2002

[eccr] Invitation to join ECCR

Wed Dec 11 23:42:58 GMT 2002

Title: Invitation to join ECCR
Dear friends of ECCR,

The European Consortium for Communications Research (ECCR) has, once again,
completed a successful year. We achieved a lot during the past year: we
(co-)organised a number of conferences and expert meetings for both senior
and junior scholars, we had our first ever General Assembly in Moscow in
October, we negotiated more journal discounts for our members, coordinated
the submission  of research projects, are about to launch an ECCR Book
Series, our ECCR online list is thriving ... and we have more exciting
developments coming soon to our website at http://www.eccr.info.

We herewith invite you to join our consortium. The fees are: individual members 50 Euro
(35E for soft-currency countries and junior scholars), 250 Euro for institutional
members (170E for soft-currency countries, and 100 Euro for associate
institutional members.

A reminder of the benefits of ECCR membership:

- Discount subscriptions to 35 professional journals
- Member-only information on EU Research Calls
- Assistance in coordination and lobbying of EU research projects
- Seminars and conferences at special member rates
- Opportunities to network with colleagues
- ECCR Books at a members-only discount
- Website which contains the latest information and allows on-line
registration for conferences and membership renewals

In addition, every member will receive the first publication in our ECCR
Book Series as a membership benefit: "The European Information Society: A
reality Check" (will be published in the Spring of 2003).

Thanks, again and welcome. We appreciate your support. Please feel free to
contact me if you have any questions about membership.

Rico Lie
Secretary General

Secretariat: P.O.Box 106,   B-1210 Brussels 21, Belgium
Tel.: +32-2-412 42 47                        Fax.: +32-2-412 42 00
Email: <(freenet002 /at/ pi.be)> or <(Rico.Lie /at/ pi.be)>
Subscribe to on-line list at (majordomo /at/ listserv.vub.ac.be)