Archive for publications, 2020

[Commlist] latest issue of Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies published

Wed Nov 11 21:18:54 GMT 2020

Liverpool University Press is pleased to inform you of the latest content in/Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/id/61>/, a highly regarded publication that is essential reading for those working in and researchingCultural Studies.

This month’s issue is a special on the intersections of disability and science fiction. Articles include Janice Hladki on the films The Thing (1982) and Deadpool (2016), examining how representations of the contaminated, injured, unstable, and mutated body produce discourses of, and social anxieties about, abnormalization and monstrosity. Browse all articleson the /JLCDS/ journal page <http://bit.ly/3eN5vhz>.

To recommend a subscription to /Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies/to your library please use our email template <mailto:?subject=Could%20we%20please%20consider%20this%20Journal%20for%20our%20Library?&body=Title:%20Journal%20of%20Literary%20&%20Cultural%20Disability%20Studies%2E%0DURL:%20https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/id/61> to contact your librarian.

**

__

_Table of contents_

/SCIENCE FICTION, DISABILITY, DISABILITY STUDIES A CONVERSATION <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59344/>/

/ALLAN, KATHRYN <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/contributors/Allan,%20Kathryn/?view=journal>/

RIA CHEYNE

//

/WOUNDED WARRIORS OF THE FUTURE DISABILITY HIERARCHY IN AVATAR AND SOURCE CODE <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59343/>/

SAMI SCHALK

//

/BODIES THAT COUNT: AUGMENTATION, COMMUNITY, AND DISABILITY IN A SCIENCE FICTION GAME <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59342/>/

DIANE CARR

//

/EUGENIC NOSTALGIA: SELF-NARRATION AND INTERNALIZED ABLEISM IN KAZUO ISHIGURO’S NEVER LET ME GO <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59341/>/

WILL KANYUSIK

//

/HAZARDOUS FUTURES AND DAMNED EMBODIMENTS: DISABILITY AND WHITE MASCULINIZATION IN SCIENCE FICTION FILM <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59340/>/

JANICE HLADKI//

//

/SCIENCE FICTION’S IMAGINED FUTURES AND POWERFUL PROTESTS: THE ETHICS OF “CURING” DEAFNESS IN TED EVANS’S THE END AND DONNA WILLIAMS’S “WHEN THE DEAD ARE CURED” <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59339/>/

RACHEL MAZIQUE

//

/COMMENT FROM THE FIELD: WHAT IS DISABILITY STUDIES TO MAKE OF FETAL AMPUTEE AND COSPLAYER LAURA VAUGHN AND HER EMULATION OF FEMALE WARRIOR, IMPERATOR FURIOSA OF MAD MAX: FURY ROAD? <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59338/>/

SUE SMITH

//

/COMMENT FROM THE FIELD: DISABILITY STUDIES IN SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/article/59337/>/

LI, AMY S. <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/contributors/Li,%20Amy%20S./?view=journal>