Archive for publications, 2020

[Commlist] New book: All Media Are Social: Sociological Perspectives on Mass Media

Wed Apr 22 08:12:17 GMT 2020

New book

  All Media Are Social
https://www.routledge.com/All-Media-are-Social-Critical-Perspectives-in-the-World-Today-1st-Edition/Lindner/p/book/9780415749541

Andrew Lindner and Stephen R. Barnard are proud to announce that their new book, All Media Are Social: Sociological Perspectives on Mass Media, has just been released.

It is now available to order from www.routledge.com <https://www.routledge.com/All-Media-Are-Social-Sociological-Perspectives-on-Mass-Media-1st-Edition/Lindner-Barnard/p/book/9780415749541?utm_source=outlook&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=B001341_md1_1au_1aj_d007_authormarketingcollateralpushq12020>, simply enter the code SOC3P at the checkout to receive 20% off your next purchase. See below for some endorsements of the book as well as a brief description.

“We are long overdue for a sociological take on how mass media gets produced and consumed in the current digital age. All Media Are Social engages readers with compelling statistics and fascinating stories to highlight how power, culture, and technology shape media. I especially recommend the book’s overview of how traditional media represents race, class, gender and sexuality alongside citizen-generated forms of media resistance and activism.”
     -Nancy Wang Yuen, Associate Professor of Sociology, Biola University

“It’s been years since anyone has written a theoretically sophisticated text in the sociology of media. Bravo to Lindner and Barnard for filling the void. I particularly appreciated their discussions of news.”     -Gaye Tuchman, Professor Emerita of Sociology, University of Connecticut