Archive for publications, 2020

[Commlist] new issue of film criticism (44.1) published

Thu Feb 13 07:46:12 GMT 2020

      The latest issue of FILM CRITICISM is now online:
      https://www.filmcriticismjournal.org

Issue 44.1 includes:

*Feature articles*

      How to Live Together with Her (2013): Posthuman Forms of Roland
Barthes’ Idiorrhythmy <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.101>

        Max Bergmann

      Truth Unreconciled: Counter-Dreaming in Jeff Barnaby’s Rhymes for
      Young Ghouls <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.102>

        Caitlyn P. Doyle

      Encounters with the Forbidden: Satyajit Ray’s Pratidwandi and Jana
      Aranya <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.103>

        Suranjan Ganguly

      Sons of God: Postwar Gender and Spirituality in Terrence Malick’s
      The Tree of Life <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.104>

        Christopher Michael Elias

    Film Festival Reviews

      New York Film Festival 57—Scorsese, Baumbach, Norton: A Tryptic
      <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.319>

        Martha P. Nochimson

      The Extraordinary Women of the Lido: The 76th Venice International
      Film Festival <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.315>

        Gerd Gemünden

    Film and TV Reviews

      The Apparent Puzzle of Tom Townsend and Whit Stillman’s
      Metropolitan <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.301>

        Jesse Foster-Stout

      “What If They Are Just Actors Playing Roles?” Family Romance,
      LLC and the Limits of Imagination
      <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.322>

        Miyabi Goto

      Shell Shocked: On The Laundromat’s Welcome Abrasiveness
      <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.321>

        Ryan Sherwood

      Defending Irony in the Face of the Inevitable: Jim Jarmusch and
      Friends <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.320>

        Jay Michael Hanes and Eleanor Weisman

*Call for Papers and more about FILM CRITICISM*
We are currently seeking submissions on a rolling basis.  We are interested in articles that engage moving-image media of all forms, including film, television, and online video.

FC is now in its 44^th  year of continuous publication, making it the third oldest academic film journal in the United States.  Our aim is to bring together work in the field of film and media studies that foregrounds textual criticism as a primary value. Our readership is mostly academic, but we strive to publish material that is accessible to a broader audience as well.

For more information about FC, please visit:

Website: http://allegheny.edu/filmcriticism

Email: (filmcriticism /at/ allegheny.edu) <mailto:(filmcriticism /at/ allegheny.edu)>

Facebook: www.facebook.com/fcjournal <http://www.facebook.com/fcjournal>