Archive for publications, 2020

[Commlist] New Book: Digital Economy

Sat Jan 11 17:30:23 GMT 2020

Tim Jordan's new book examining the digital economy is now available from Polity: https://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9781509517558

The book examines what we mean when we ask what the digital economy is and follows this with case studies of search, social media, service providers like Airbnb, free economic practices and gaming. It then reviews current theory, proposes a model for understanding the digital economy as a specific economic practice, and outlines policy guidelines.