Archive for publications, June 2019

[Commlist] Galactica Media: Journal of Media Studies

Fri Jun 07 11:23:10 GMT 2019

My name is Dr. Rastyam Aliev. I am chief-editor of new international e-journal called Galactica Media (Russia). I want to present it to you.

Link: https://galacticamedia.com

This is a young Journal that requires support from colleagues (media, communication and cultural studies)

Online edition of “Galactica Media: the Journal of Media Studies” is a periodic academic e-journal without printed forms (since 2019). The journal publishes scholastic articles, reviews, information resources, reports of expeditions, conferences and other scientific materials.

Journal publishes articles on quarterly basis. Now we are preparing the second issue, which should be published in August. But we also accept articles for the third and fourth.

Our online edition is devoted to the topical issues in the field of studies of media and mass culture in the broadest coverage of: history, cultural studies, anthropology, philosophy, etc.

The title of the journal was chosen as a reference to the work of the famous theorist of media culture, Herbert Marshall McLuhan, who in his periodization of the invention and assimilation by mankind of mass communications (media) introduced the concept of "Galaxy" (Galaxy of Gutenberg, Galaxy Marconi, etc.).

Project goal: to create a virtual platform for exchange of views and discussions in the field of studies of media and mass culture. We strive to ensure that our network publishing performs an important scientific function – communication and information, which allows not only to accumulate new achievements in this area, but also serves as the basis for new discoveries and insights.

Online edition maintains its principles – to ensure the intercultural dialogue and to reduce the conflict of civilizations. It adheres to the philosophy of non-violence, cultural and religious tolerance. The editorial Board aims at removing language barriers while maintaining respect for the national culture of each nation, residing on the small planet Earth.

All materials submitted to the editors will be carefully selected and sent for double-blind review.

Which does not mean though that any article sent to the editor will be accepted for our online edition. Any unscientific or not based on facts article will be rejected by the editors.

*All articles are published FREE, but the fee is not paid to the authors.*

The list of currently relevant sections:

General Theory
Subaltern Studies and Media
Game Studies
Cinema Studies
Mass Culture
New Media and Human Communication
Body Oriented Media Theory
Media Literacy Skills
Media Activism
Media Ecology
Alternative Media
Critics & Reviews
Miscellanea

Openness, no charge <http://galacticamedia.com/index.php/gmd/open>, and peer reviews <http://galacticamedia.com/index.php/gmd/reviewing> by leading scholars are the fundamental principles of our project (Ethics <http://galacticamedia.com/index.php/gmd/ethics>). And the digital character of modern international communications made us choose the electronic version of the journal (without physical printing.

*/Please, sent us you materials. We will wait it./*

Rastyam Aliev,

PhD, Astrakhan State University

E-mail: (rastaliev /at/ gmail.com)