[Commlist] Call for Papers: Rethinking what we know about risk, crisis, and disaster communication: Academic research and building European crisis capacity

Thu Aug 01 10:11:37 GMT 2024

On November 29-30, 2024 the Jean Monnet Chair in Risk and Crisis Communication in the EU of the Department of Communication and Digital Media, University of Western Macedonia, Greece, will host the online conference “Rethinking what we know about risk, crisis, and disaster communication: Academic research and building European crisis capacity”.

The conference aims to bring together European and international scholars, academics, researchers, practitioners, and policymakers from a wide range of disciplines, countries, and methodological approaches to enrich our knowledge in the field of communication during crisis, emergencies, and disasters. Moreover, the conference hopes to encourage scholars and practitioners from European countries to document, analyze, and share knowledge of their crisis experiences and to develop a knowledge base for enhanced European crisis management capacity.

We invite submissions that address a broad range of topics related to risk, crisis, and disaster communication, including but not limited to:
- Case Studies of Risk and Crisis Communication in Europe
- Risk/Crisis/Disaster communication and public engagement
- Role of mass media and social media in risk and crisis communication in Europe - Communication and New Technologies for Crisis Prevention, Preparedness and Better Responsiveness
- Mapping Scholarly Research in Risk/Crisis/Disaster Communication in Europe
- Crisis Communication Training and Education

Keynote Speaker
Audra Diers-Lawson
Professor of Risk and Crisis Communication
Head of Ph.D. Program Communication and Leadership
Kristiania University College

Important Dates:
- Paper Submission Deadline: September 15, 2024
- Notification of Acceptance: October 13, 2024
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: November 17, 2024
- Conference Dates: November 29-30, 2024

All submissions will undergo a double-blind peer review process. Authors will be notified for the acceptance of their paper and the review results. All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings.

Submission: Please submit your full papers at the following online submission form: https://forms.gle/gxjjWHeAsynp6P8i7 For any queries regarding the conference, please contact the organizing committee at (jmchair.crisis /at/ uowm.gr) <mailto:(jmchair.crisis /at/ uowm.gr)> and (jmchair.criscom /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(jmchair.criscom /at/ gmail.com)> or visit our website at https://jmchair-criscom.uowm.gr/language/en/conference/