[Commlist] DisNet 2nd Annual Conference

Thu Jun 13 16:36:07 GMT 2024

Disney, Culture and Society Research Network's (DisNet) second annual conference, *June 24-28*!

 This year's theme is *Disney in a Time of Global Transformation*. This year's papers and presenters seek to answer the following questions: How can, and how should, we use the study of The Walt Disney Company to examine the global era in which we live: a time of tremendous change in terms of how we communicate and understand one another? How is Disney revising itself and its properties to stay relevant in our ever-changing world? What does it mean to “keep moving forward” in a time of cultural re-framing and de-colonialism?

As Walt Disney said: “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” Disney is constantly on the move, transitioning and transforming as it develops and markets the next big thing. As Disney continues to acquire more of the media market, they craft something new: a globalized cultural cauldron with a Disneyfied sheen. To address these questions and issues, this year's DisNet Conference aims to open up a conversation about how Disney survives and thrives while continuously adapting to the global media industry.

This is a *free online conference *with presenters attending from around the world. If you are interested in attending, there's still time to register! Registration closes on June 21st. You can do so on our webpage: https://www.dis-net.org/conference-2024 <https://www.dis-net.org/conference-2024>