Archive for calls, September 2022

[Commlist] CFP: 2023 ASPERA conference: What does the future look like for Screen Education and Research?

Thu Sep 29 09:56:08 GMT 2022

Call for presentations and panels:

*2023 ASPERA Conference: **What does the future look like for Screen Education and Research?*

Flinders University in collaboration with the Australian Screen Production Education and Research Association (ASPERA), is pleased to announce the 2023 ASPERA Conference to be held June 28^th -29^th 2023 in Adelaide, South Australia.

The conference is an opportunity for member delegates, academics and practitioners working in the field of screen production education and research to showcase recent successes, discuss examples of innovative work, and share insights on a range of pertinent issues. The conference is both a chance for networking between aligned academics and an important part of ASPERA’s program to build research capacity and strong pedagogical frameworks for the screen production education and research sector.

The 2023 ASPERA conference will run alongside the fourth /Sightlines/ event, to be held at UniSA in Adelaide June 29^th -30^th 2023.

*In 2023 we are calling for proposals addressing the question - *“What does the future look like for Screen Education and Research?”

We are seeking 20-minute presentations and 45-minute pre-formed panels that may choose to address the three key areas:

1) Innovation, Technology, and the New

·What are the current and emerging challenges and issues?

·What can we take from the past?

·How is virtual production being used and evolving?

·The impact of online learning and teaching

·How might research better inform and lead the industry?

·Which opportunities and or innovative ideas are adding value to the student experience?

·How can we better connect and share what we are doing?

2) Diversity, Inclusion and Collaboration

·What are the current issues around diversity and inclusion in screen education and research? How do these issues – and the ways we are developing solutions – echo or depart from those we see in Australian screen industries?

·How can higher education show leadership in these areas?

·Models of collaboration and the role of collaboration in improving equity, diversity, and inclusion

·Screen education with diverse communities including CaLD; LGBTQI+; Indigenous communities; urban, regional, and remote communities

·Diversity in on-screen representation: scripting, casting, and beyond

·Improving diversity and inclusion for students/cast/crew with disabilities

·Embedding diversity and inclusion in new screen formats, technologies, and opportunities

3) Money, Funding and Jobs

·What is the current state of funding in screen education and research?

·How are students valued by educational institutions?

·Can we seek out and increase research incomes?

·Alternative sources of income and in-kind support

·What are the jobs of the future? What are the needs of the industry?

·Will Australia become a service industry to other countries?

·How might we measure success? Are there clear KPIs?

Please submit a 300-word abstract outlining your proposed presentation or panel, including your name, title, affiliation, and a short biography of each presenter/panellist. Please also indicate if you wish for your paper to be considered for a potential journal special issue, to be confirmed.

Please contact Tom Young if you have any questions: (thomas.young /at/ flinders.edu.au) <mailto:(thomas.young /at/ flinders.edu.au)>

Please submit all proposals via the Conference email (conference /at/ aspera.org.au) <mailto:(conference /at/ aspera.org.au)>

*Deadline:*

Abstracts and panel proposals to be submitted by Friday January 20, 2023.