Archive for calls, September 2022

[Commlist] Eco-Communications: Call for Submissions (Stellenbosch University x eco_media)

Fri Sep 16 20:46:19 GMT 2022

TheSA Research Chair in Science Communication (Stellenbosch University), in dialogue witheco_media (Australia) will be hosting the*/Eco Communications: Interdisciplinary Southern/African Encounters Symposium/*at Stellenbosch University on 11 November 2022.

The field of ecomedia is receiving growing attention in global north scholarship, yet there are many researchers working in and on African contexts and cases who are fruitfully mining the modalities of media and communications practice and research in their ecological, conservation and natural sciences research.

As such, we invite scientists, ecologists, media and communication researchers and practitioners, artists, creatives, and collaborators who work on or are interested in the interdisciplinary connections between the fields of ecology and communications, to present at the symposium.

This symposium aims to bring together researchers and practitioners who are actively working at the interface between ecology and communications research and practice, to present theoretical, empirical, artistic, and practical aspects that arise between these disciplinary orientations. We seek to understand how specific contexts in South African, African and Global South settings may influence these tensions and intersections.

All presentation submissions will be peer-reviewed by the symposium committee composed of experts from various disciplines and invitations for selected submissions will be made. To apply, prospective speakers must please submit the following:

  * a presentation title,
  * a 300-word abstract of the work that will be presented and
  * a 100-word bio
The deadline for submissions is 3 October 2022 at 23:59 and the required items can be emailed to*(corliameyer /at/ sun.ac.za) <mailto:(corliameyer /at/ sun.ac.za)>.*The email subject should include the title “Eco Comms + SUBMISSION”. There are *no *conference fees for this symposium.The selected presenters will be invited to contribute to a special issue publication that will be edited by the Research Chair in Science Communication and scheduled for release in 2023.

We would appreciate your application to present at the symposium. We would also be grateful if you could please share our call with your networks and encourage them to apply.For more information about the symposium, please refer to our call on our website***here.

https://www0.sun.ac.za/scicom/research/current-cycle/eco-communications/