Archive for calls, May 2022

[Commlist] CFP: 'Governing Technologies' online workshop

Wed May 25 08:10:41 GMT 2022

Preeti Raghunath likes to share details of this proposed workshop being organised by the School of Arts and Social Sciences, Monash University, Malaysia and Nottingham University, Malaysia. Titled *'Governing Technologies: Exploring datafied practices, imaginaries, and digital state assemblages in Asia'*, the workshop aims to problematise past and current socio-technical imaginaries and datafication practices of the rapidly digitising nation-states in Asia, and gather critical analyses of where the digital, government, and power intersect: Who are the (human and non-human) actors propelling these initiatives and new arrangements? What do their discourses around these imaginaries reveal about their ambitions, interests, and conflicts? What role do communities and the people play in shaping, adapting, and resisting digital plans and practices, and who decides? We seek to bring together scholars interested in unravelling these politics and practices of the digital in an online workshop, in *October 2022*.

We invite exchanges on empirical and conceptual contributions from multiple disciplines that critically examine current arrangements of digital technologies, societies, and/or states in Asia. Secondly, we also would like to make this an opportunity to establish research networks and discuss possible future research collaborations across the region and concurrent disciplines. This could, for example, take the form of a planned special issue in an academic journal or plans for collaborative and transdisciplinary research projects.

For more details, please see the CFP here <https://www.monash.edu.my/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/2920648/CfP_Governing-Technologies.pdf>. Please note, the deadline has been extended to* June 15, 2022*.