Archive for calls, October 2021

[Commlist] CFP. Art, Media & Design: Cross – Multi – Inter & Transdisciplinary Pedagogy

Fri Oct 08 17:23:32 GMT 2021

CROSS – MULTI – INTER & TRANDISCIPLINARY PEDAGOGY IN ART & DESIGN

Dates: 20-22nd April, 2022
Place: Virtual

Abstracts: 05 Dec, 2021

https://architecturemps.com/beaconhouse/

-

CALL:

The pandemic has changed teaching in many ways in recent times. While a lot has been said about distance learning and the use of new technologies for example, less focus has been placed on what it has meant for Cross/Multi/Inter/Transdisciplinary teaching and research practices. While collaborative works in the past have led to the establishment of experimental interdisciplinary teaching methods, the recent restrictions on working practices imposed by the pandemic have revealed multiple shortcomings in our modes of cross-disciplinary teaching. That said, the recent crisis has also created opportunities in the fields of interdisciplinary practice and spurred us on to new innovations. In this complex and contradictory setting this conference strand seeks to look forward and explores how academics and professionals can, and will, continue to embrace the dynamic futures of integrated Cross/Multi/Inter/Transdisciplinary practices. We seek to examine current social and industrial challenges in interdisciplinary work in an attempt to foresee some emergent futures. We will explore how artists, designers, and architects operate across disciplines, and how they can become agents of change in multiple professional environments. We want to explore how our teaching and research reflects this, and how these approaches can support academic and professional practices. Within this overarching framework, we also welcome papers on pedagogical methodologies across disciplines; problem-based projects across boundaries; and the role of technology in advancing teaching, research, and work that spans sectors. Furthermore, we are interested in universal and specific educational and research infrastructures; global academic experiments and initiatives on emerging modes of practice and alternative pedagogical approaches in classroom, studio, lab, or field. Our particular fields of interest are in the arts, architectural, graphic, industrial design and those disciplines that collaborate with these areas.

-

Part of the conference and book series:
A FOCUS ON PEDAGOGY: TEACHING, LEARNING AND RESEARCH IN THE MODERN ACADEMY

https://architecturemps.com/focus-pedagogy/

ORGANISERS:
Beaconhouse National University, Pakistan; Ball State University, USA; the University of Kassel, Germany; the University of Pretoria, South Africa. It is coordinated by AMPS. Publications by UCL Press and Routledge.