Archive for calls, March 2018

[ecrea] CfP: The International Symposium on Media Innovations 2018, Oslo

Wed Mar 07 08:51:13 GMT 2018

*Call for Papers: **The International Symposium on Media Innovations 2018 (ISMI18)*

Theme: Media Innovations and Good Lives

We are pleased to announce that the seventh International Symposium on Media Innovations (ISMI18) will take place in Oslo, Norway on Friday 31^st August and Saturday 1^st September, 2018.

Join us, along with a small group of international academic researchers and industry representatives, to discuss how innovations are developed in, influence, and transform contemporary media.  We will discuss innovation and change in media technologies and services, organisational structures and management, and policies.  We will also focus on questions relating to media production, journalism, media consumption and use.

The theme for ISMI18 is ‘Media Innovations and Good Lives’.  During our two-day event we will theorise media innovation and how this may relate, influence, and contribute to, living good lives in contemporary societies.  At the same time, we will retain a focus on the presentation and discussion of empirical cases of media innovation in different organisations and contexts.

We therefore welcome submissions that relate to the conference theme, such as:

Media innovation and good lives; Media innovation and social transformation; Media innovation and ethical design; Media innovation and sustainable futures

We also encourage submissions that relate to the broader field of media innovation research.  These include, but are not limited to:

Product Innovation; Process Innovation; Paradigm Innovation; Position Innovation; Genre Innovation; and, Social Innovation

We are delighted to announce that our keynote lectures will be presented by:

*Professor Ann Light*(Professor of Design & Creative Technology – Engineering and Design) at the University of Sussex: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/29619/publications

AND

*Professor Dr. Homero Gil de Zú**ñiga*(Professor of Media Change and Media Innovation) from the Media Innovation Lab at the Universtiy of Vienna: (http://milab.univie.ac.at/team/homero-gil-de-zuniga/)

/Deadlines and Dates:/**

*31 May, 2018: Extended abstracts (max 750 words) due*

June, 2018: Notification of acceptance

30 June, 2018: Provisional Schedule announced

10 August, 2018: Full papers due

17 August 2018: Deadline for registration

24 August, 2018: Final programme announced

All submissions will be peer-reviewed. *Extended abstracts (750-words max) should be sent to our EMAIL address: (symposium /at/ mediainnovations.no) <mailto:(symposium /at/ mediainnovations.no)>*

/Additional Information:/

The programme will consist mainly of academic presentations and debates.  Panels discussing topics that are of particular relevance to the industry, and to the theme of the symposium, will also be included.

A nominal fee will be charged for registration to the conference.  A discount will be available for PhD and Masters students.

An award for best paper will be announced during the conference.  Selected papers from the symposium will also be published in a special issue of the Journal of Media Innovations (LINK: https://www.journals.uio.no/index.php/TJMI/).

The International Symposium on Media Innovations is an annual symposium that is organized by the Centre for Research on Media Innovations at the Department of Media and Communication at the University of Oslo.  It has also been held in Tallinn (2017) and Brussels (2013 and 2015).

For more information see: http://www.hf.uio.no/imk/english/research/center/media-innovations/events/ismi2018.html