[ecrea] Call for PhD applications digital or media ethnography

Sat Sep 06 18:01:07 GMT 2014

RMIT University is currently inviting applications for PhD scholarships.

http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=uwpmk8bd4bkbz

I’m encouraging applicants with first class Honours or equivalent qualifications, who are interested in undertaking ethnographic research on issues around media, communication, voice and listening.

Topics I’d particularly welcome include:

* · Digital media and social change
* · Participation, voice and listening in development (especially in India)
* · Domestic and/or sensory ethnographies of media

You would become a member of the Digital Ethnography Research Centre at RMIT University, home to leading media and digital ethnographers (Heather Horst, Sarah Pink, John Postill, Larissa Hjorth, Tania Lewis), and a growing group of postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers.

http://www.rmit.edu.au/research/derc

Applications close 31 October 2014.

Application details:

http://www.rmit.edu.au/research/applying-for-postgraduate-research

Please drop me an email if you would like to find out more

best wishes

Jo

--
Professor Jo Tacchi