[ecrea] Philosophy and the Internet of Things (un)Conference - for distribution

Fri May 02 23:39:59 GMT 2014

Philosophy of the Internet of Things

A Groundbreaking (un)Conference at York St John University

What is the Internet of Things? So far, the term has referred to sensor
networks owned by large companies. But this innovation could have
beneficial, and harmful influences on everyday life. This conference
investigates how to think about 'the good life' in the age of data.

We are still accepting submissions including papers and videos

The conference will be held in beautiful York from 2nd to 4th July 2014.
It is worth mentioning that this will not be a
“talk-after-talk-after-talk” conference, rather an event that promotes
exchange through extended discussions among representative from various
disciplines. The precept of our conference is “talk with,” “not talk at.”

More information, including a registration link, can be found at
http://internetofthingsphilosophy.com/. Contributions (papers, videos)
are due by 20th May. More information on contribution submission can be
found at
http://internetofthingsphilosophy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/submission-package.zip.

a.

--
Dr Alison Powell
Assistant Professor of Media and Communication